Droid Turbo 2 on AT&T/Cricket?

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Cricket and was in a Verizon store with a friend the other day and was looking at the droid turbo 2 and REALLY liked it (long time droid fan as I was on Verizon until late 2014).

It's perfect for me, right size, wireless charging, huge battery, stock Android, moto display, love the soft back etc.

Would it work fully on Cricket/AT&T though? Anyone using that way now?

Last edited:

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Most Verizon phones are unlocked and I have friends who have used Verizon phones with tmobile . However, you may or may not get full functionality with some features...I'm not sure about using a verizon phone with AT&T tho....

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
If you look waaaay back in the forums you'll come across some people who gave used the turbo 2 successfully on at&t. The only functionality you'll be missing is band 12/17 support so depending on where you live or where you go your LTE coverage may be spottier than with an unlocked or carrier phone.

The Turbo 2's radios are fantastic though so they should be able to make the most out of your coverage.

Posted via my Droid Turbo 2 that I wish were unlocked

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't use the Turbo 2 on AT&T but have used an unlocked Verizon phone on that network before. As the previous poster mentioned, the only thing may be an LTE band not being available to you, but depending on your location that might not be an issue anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
My current phone is using band 17 most of the time, and that seems to be the only / primary band missing. Wouldn't it use 4/5 instead if available, or it just won't have LTE entirely?

And, thanks for the input!

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I believe band 17 is the main AT&T LTE band. To answer your question if another LTE band was available it would use that instead. But the other bands won't be as prevalent as 17, so depending on your area you may or may not get LTE.

Posted via the Android Central App

JediMaven

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I moved my Droid Turbo 2 from Verizon to AT&T about a month ago. It works but I am only getting HSPA+ and not LTE in my area. Despite that shortcoming, my data is still faster than when I was with Big Red. . I also can use voice throughout my house instead of just in the driveway.

Mynewbieboobie

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a Droid Turbo 2 off Ebay (Verizon phone) and got it activated on Cricket. Have had zero problems so far (about a month). The redial even works (that wouldn't work on my Samsung Galaxy S5). I love it. Just had to buy a smaller SIM card. I don't get LTE either here in Winston Salem (I do some places), but it is plenty fast enough for watching videos and downloading for me.

Moosese7en

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a Droid Turbo 2 off Ebay (Verizon phone) and got it activated on Cricket. Have had zero problems so far (about a month). The redial even works (that wouldn't work on my Samsung Galaxy S5). I love it. Just had to buy a smaller SIM card. I don't get LTE either here in Winston Salem (I do some places), but it is plenty fast enough for watching videos and downloading for me.

Did you have to unlock it or buy it unlocked? Or did you just take it to cricket and they switched it?

SSpinball

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Turbo and Turbo 2 work on any GSM Network. I have used both on att & T-mobile, no modification required. Pop in sim and change APN settings.
Customer Rep. Will not even know where sim card gets installed.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey