Turn off location notices

jglazer63

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I really don't care if my phone is "Searching for Location" or "Location Found". I get these notices, oh, several hundred times a day. How do I turn it off? I want the location services left on but I don't need these notices.

HELP!?

Thanks!

jglazer63

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
It brings up location settings. Nothing to change notifications

...searching for location
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found
...location found

I cannot be the only one who gets these notifications

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings / apps. Look for google play services (probably under the "all" tab.) Tap it and turn off "show notifications".

If that works, great. If not, turn it back on and report back.

jglazer63

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Well I just tried that. Currently I have a "searching for location" notification going on that I cannot clear out. I'll leave them blocked for not but I have a feeling its not going to make a difference.

jglazer63

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Nope. It finally found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location...

I even rebooted. No difference

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Try long-pressing on the notification. I believe that should change the notification to the name of the app that is creating the notification, plus a small "i" control that you can tap to turn off notifications for whichever app is causing the notification.

Also, what setting do you have for location services? High accuracy? Try changing it to one of the others?

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I was having this on my Turbo 2, and long pressed on the notification, and it was GPS Notifier.

I toggled all the notification settings for it to off, and haven't seen it back, but it's been a few minutes only since I've changed settings .

Hope this helps, good luck.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope. It finally found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location until it found my location the did a searching location...

I even rebooted. No difference

Any update? Did long-pressing the notification help?

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Any update? Did long-pressing the notification help?

I tried, and it didn't work. For some stupid reason you can't turn off notifications for "Motorola GPS Notifier." Good thing those notifications don't bother me too much.

Posted via my Droid Turbo 2 that I wish were unlocked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech