Compatible headphones/earphones.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
What headphones/earphones are compatible with the moto x force/droid turbo 2? I've tried Sony headphones which ended up with only one side working, lg headphones & Samsung headphones & none seem to work at all. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Every pair I've tried has worked for me. You may have issues in your headphone jack.
I personally use Skull Candy Smokin Buds 2. I can attest that both ears and the microphone work. Got my last pair for $14 on eBay

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Ditto what Pollster said. All earphones and headphones I've tried on my Turbo 2 worked, and there's no reason that shouldn't be the case for every headphone jack on any device ever. Yours is probably broken, I'm afraid.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If it is broken this is a shame. The way I got my Sony ones working was to switch my phone off then back on again but can't do that every time I wanna listen to music on a bus. When I tried the other headphones I can hear a crackling noise then when I press play the song plays for like I milli second then stops. I'm hoping it's not working coz the headphones are all old? Apart from one extra pair of Sony headphones which came with my mum's phone last year.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah was thinking about getting Bluetooth ones but would Google play music work with Bluetooth as my songs are stored on my sd card & I use Google play music to listen to my music?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh, yes, BT headphones will be fine. Play/pause and volume controls will work and there will probably be methods to advance to the next song, replay a previous song, etc., by pressing controls on the earbuds, plus a way to launch voice control, answer calls, etc.

The wirecutter has great recommendations for headphones of all sorts, including bt. http://m.thewirecutter.com/?s=Headphones+

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Gosh there expensive plus I live in the UK. Don't wanna spend to much on headphones if I can help it.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Before doing anything rash, I would try peeking down there with a flashlight.
Perhaps lint is keeping your headphone plugs from inserting correctly, which is fixed with a wooden toothpick.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I did actually look down the headphone jack with a torch & can't see any dust but I can see a little brownish colour pin & by it looks like a little rip. It's quite small but visible when you look carefully. The rip doesn't go all the way round though. Also how far do the headphones go in? Mine stick out a lot & go in further when I put them in my galaxy S4.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Interesting one last night. Thought I'd play around to see if I can get the ear phones to work & again the song played for like a milli second then stopped & there was crackling noises. So pulled them out & put them in a bit slower & I heard a tiny little beep then pushed them in a bit further & they worked perfectly fine. How strange. No crackling noises either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87