Frequently used Apps - Square Button and Battery

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
When I close an app, I usually close it further by touching the square key and closing the app by hitting the X on the top right or swiping right or left on the "recently used apps" screen. I do this essentially to save as much battery as I can, but in the end, do the closed out apps (or minimized using the circle button) really drain a lot of battery in the background, or does it really not matter in the end because Android does a good job or closing these apps itself? How much battery am I really saving, and is there any other benefit to being as OCD as I am with using the square to make sure these apps are closed?

Thanks in advance for any help or info!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
When I close an app, I usually close it further by touching the square key and closing the app by hitting the X on the top right or swiping right or left on the "recently used apps" screen. I do this essentially to save as much battery as I can, but in the end, do the closed out apps (or minimized using the circle button) really drain a lot of battery in the background, or does it really not matter in the end because Android does a good job or closing these apps itself? How much battery am I really saving, and is there any other benefit to being as OCD as I am with using the square to make sure these apps are closed?

Thanks in advance for any help or info!

A Googler has recently released a statement explaining why closing apps manually is generally bad for the device's memory management (and thus battery and fluidity) - but then they've also added a "close all" button to the recent apps interface on the N beta. So... do what you want? lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek