24.14.16 Update

frankemtp

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to 24. 14. 16. I know that there are changes to the charging system. However, does anyone else know if there are any other changes?

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the Android Security Patch Level is May 1st, 2016 after the update. The patch level showed March 1st, 2016 before the update.

No change in the Android Version Number.

Other than that and converting a significant amount of battery capacity into a heat, I haven't noticed anything else.

Posted via the Android Central App

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You can check the Verizon website for a possible listing of this update and what it does. How did you get this update? I didn't know that it was available.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
You can check the Verizon website for a possible listing of this update and what it does. How did you get this update? I didn't know that it was available.

Settings> (System) System Update > Check for System Update. I stumbled upon it before reading about it as I usually check every other month being bored. Once it updated, someone had already started this thread.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
What are the changes to the charging system. I haven't noticed anything after the update.
Thanks

Maybe it's something that prevents the charging problems that so many people are having with the T2 since M?

See https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/DROID-TURBO-2-by-Motorola/Turbo-2-won-t-charge/td-p/3261260

(I believe that Moto and Verizon are deliberately vague about change logs to prevent broadcasting any possible issues or vulnerabilities for phones that don't have the update yet, since they are not always pushed at once.)

droidtg

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I just updated to 24. 14. 16. I know that there are changes to the charging system. However, does anyone else know if there are any other changes?
Just got the update d/led. I'm curious if this will fix the battery life. The phone has been weird compared to the first Droid. However, I'm impressed that I've managed to reverse the 3 minute battery drain factor for some time. I managed to stretch the battery life out to four days, at most.

Now, to see how this new update will effect the battery life. (I only ran into the charger glitch once when I got this phone. I fixed that by rebooting the phone.)

Edit: Wow. The battery life improved drastically, indeed. Just by the phone staying idle, it now says "12 days" of battery life. This is great.

Edit edit: Now, streamlined to 3-4 days with 98% battery life. Still good.

Last edited:

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I just did the update. No issues with download or installation. We'll see what happens. I would be surprised if there are any issues, as I imagine they would have been reported by now.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
It appears to me that mine doesn't run as hot. About a month ago, out of the blue it would heat up during normal use. I did an FDR and that didn't solve the problem. I updated and that appears to have solved the problem. I didn't do a FDR after the update.

Other than that no noticeable changes. Battery life for me is the same. But the fact that it doesn't heat up is a welcome change!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar