Decent wireless chargers?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I know I won't get turbo charging, but what decent wireless chargers are there ( that charge more than 20% per hour) that will work through a decent case (Speck Candyshell Grip). A tilt stand would be nice, but not required. Something less than the Amazon $30 Tylt? Or is the $30 Tylt really the best value with it's no-fuss positioning?

Any comparisons between the TYLT and the Spigen 3-Coil Wireless? I don't like that I have to find/buy a 2A charger for the Spigen

Last edited:

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for the newest models, but I've been using the Tylt Vu Qi charger from 2 years ago with my T1, and with my T2 since purchase last October. It works fabulously. Also has worked very well with my wife's S6.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak for the newest models, but I've been using the Tylt Vu Qi charger from 2 years ago with my T1, and with my T2 since purchase last October. It works fabulously. Also has worked very well with my wife's S6.

I second all of that except the part about the S6 because my wife has an iPhone! I do notice a little more heat with all of my wireless chargers, FWIW.

dkediger

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I've used a Tylt at work for 3 years through Nokia 822, 928, Icon, & a DT2.

And yes, it's worked horizontal or vertical on all those devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
One I thought about buying if my Tylt failed was the very similar Itian 3 coil charger,

A little less costly, but, if you read the reviews, some report bad lifetime. (And, again, I have no personal experience with this.)

Yes, I had the Itian. In landscape the phone had to be off-center at just the right place. Then it just stopped working after about a year.

I'm hoping the Tylt Vu isn't as picky to position in landscape

Posted via the Android Central App

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Got the Tylt Vu at a good price on ebay. No complaints, but maybe some advice from others?
I am used to using my phone as a clock while I am sleeping. If I wake up, I want to see what time it is. The way I am set up now, the clock works and kicks in while wireless charging, but then closes once the phone is fully charged.

Does anyone know the settings to keep the clock going all night while sitting in a wireless charger?

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know the settings to keep the clock going all night while sitting in a wireless charger?

I usually just wave my hand in front of it and the time comes up on the screen. I wouldn't want it to stay on all night, but that's only my preference.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I usually just wave my hand in front of it and the time comes up on the screen. I wouldn't want it to stay on all night, but that's only my preference.

It's not "On", it's just the black background with the time in thin white font that repositions itself every few minutes to prevent burn in. It's really subtle and doesn't require moving more than my eyelids when I want to know how much time I have left to sleep.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Daydream works fine with a wired charger, but not with wireless. I'd say use a wired charger at night if you want that functionality. (There may be a third party app that will do this, but, since I don't need this with my phone, I don't know what it or they are.)