Turbo charging issue and questions

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I have a Turbo 2, and am having some issues with Turbo charging it. Recently, when I hook it to the factory supplied Turbo charger, sometimes it will display that it's slow charging.

Recently, I put it on the charger before I went to bed, and woke up the next morning to a dead phone. I'm positive that it showed that it was Turbo charging when I headed for bed.

When I found out it was dead, I unplugged it, left it for a bit; plugged it in and left charging for a while, and it was fine.

Other times, it will say that it's Turbo charging, and it seems to be. It's confusing why it doesn't seem to be getting the right amount of power using a factory charger.

I do run a VPN most of the time, but find it difficult to believe that it would pull the battery down that far when using a factory charger.

The phone is on version 24.14.16.en.us, if it's helpful for anyone else. I think it had one or two issues before the update, but it's gotten more prevalent since the update (June 29).

I'd like to avoid a factory reset, if possible. You never can seem to get things quite the way they were before the reset, it seems.

What am I missing, folks? If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue, I'm open to them.

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
One additional item, I ruled out the VPN, since I had it turned off when I went to bed, and it still was draining as it charged.

It dropped about twenty percent over roughly five hours.

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Initial results after the cache clean show no result.

My phone still intermittently Turbo charges, but will charge with no slow charge warning from my Anker charger and cable.

I have two factory chargers, and they both give me the same results, it's unlikely they'd both fail, especially given that they are less than five months old.

Is the FDR maybe the only option, or are there any updates coming down the line that address the charging issues?

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, Doogald! I'll take a look at it, and consider a warranty replacement.

It may even be the plugs themselves, since the Anker cable seems to work.

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
The return label process was pretty simple, thanks to the thread you linked.

On Monday, I'll try to get my phone shipped. Hopefully, they'll get it rectified and fixed permanently.

I appreciate the help, everyone!

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Update:

Got a replacement phone from Motorola. Turnaround time was about two weeks, but pretty painless, overall. No cost for shipping or the new phone.

Initial results look promising, and I'm grateful to everyone that offered suggestions for a fix, especially Doogald. Hopefully, this stays fixed.

Thanks much, everyone!

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Update us on how the new replacement phone works. Seems a lot of replacement phone have the same issue with turbo charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol