Email notifications don't show on lock screen after Marshmallow update

Rockindaddy

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
My Outlook email notifications don't show up on my lock screen when the phone is sleeping. It used to before the Marshmallow update. Other app notifications do show up like before, only the Outlook emails don't show up. I have Moto notifications set up to "Hide sensitive notification content" which is how I had it set previously. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do the notifications still show up in the notification bar of the homescreen? And what if you set the lockscreen notifications to Show All, just to see if the notifications show up on the lockscreen at all?

Rockindaddy

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, the notifications show up on the home screen as usual. I'll try setting to Show All temporarily to see if that works, but I have my reasons to hide sensitive content.

Rockindaddy

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it shows the email notification on the lockscreen when set to "Show All". However, I can't leave it like that. Before Marshmallow, emails showed when set to Hide Sensitive Content.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just to be sure--your Outlook email is not set as Sensitive when you turn on Hide Sensitive Notification Content, right? Try toggling the Hide setting back on, and see if the problem comes back.

Rockindaddy

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I turned the Hide settings back on and the problem still exists. All the settings that I can tell are correct. Before Marshmallow I used to get a little "envelope" on my lock screen that told me I had an email. Now they don't show. I'm not sure if Outlook is set as sensitive because I do not see that option anywhere.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're talking about the Outlook app, and not Outlook email within the stock Email app, right?

Rockindaddy

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
No, I'm talking about the standard Outlook email within the stock email app. That's how i originally set up my Outlook emails. I don't use the Outlook app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any other email accounts in your stock Email app? If so, are you getting notifications for those?

Rockindaddy

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I have 4 Outlook email accounts, but that is all. I have the standard gmail account that you have to sign up for to use android, but I don't use it. None of the Outlook accounts show notifications on the lock screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, scratching my head in puzzlement here. Can you try adding some other email account to your email app, like a Yahoo account, then see if the Yahoo account gives you lockscreen notifications?

Rockindaddy

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm, I don't think I really want to do that. I was hoping someone else had the same problem and could chime in. I'll just have to live with it. It was nice knowing when I would receive an email. Now I have to punch in my pin to check. Minor inconvenience, but I can live with it. At least marshmallow didn't kill my phone this time like it did the last time I updated.