How to stop auto fill errors

jennmanski

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I have a Droid Turbo 2. When I'm texting, tying on Facebook, etc, the auto fill does some weird things. When I want to type "I'd" I'll just type"id" and hit the space bar. In the area where it shows options, "I'd" is in the middle and bold, but what ends up on the screen is "iI'd". Every time. This happens with a lot of other words. If I start typing a word and it shows up bold, when I hit the space bar, the word shows up twice. Say I'm typing "world" and when I get "wo" and world shows up bold and I hit Spacebar to auto fill the rest of the word, I end up with "woWorld" if I type "beca" and because shows up bold and I hit Spacebar I get "becaBecause". How do I get this to stop? I am using the Google keyboard that is the default keyboard. If I touch the word that is bold instead of Spacebar, it works fine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Language & Input, and look for a Personal Dictionary option. See if you can find those typos in your dictionary--if they're there, then delete them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463