DROID TURBO 2 Update: Nougat 25.11.10.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US

Dionnep777

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Messenger App keeps shutting down. FRUSTRATING. So got rid of it. Now using another.

AND the GOOGLE PHOTOS can't access my SD CARD too? REALLY FRUSTRATED GOOGLE. WTH?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
OK surely I'm not the only one. Immediately after the update, phone now defaults to speakerphone whether in our out. Have searched out everything to no avail. WTF? No new apps... Help I'm going nuts!

Gil Emery Jr

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Had really poor battery after the update... Did the wipe cache partition and my battery life seems to be back to normal to what it was...

May 25, 2015
Visit site
My battery would not last more than 10 hours with 1 hour SOT after the update, tried everything list in this thread and nothing helped; gave up and bought a Pixel, now I am glad I had the problem as Pixel is awesome, it actually works!!

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't soak tests only be final software if they have no bugs that are uncovered during the actual test? I'm not sure I see the point of a soak test that asks people to report problems if they are just going to release the software anyway.
Really. They release it to the testers several days before roll out. Lol. Think I'm done being a tester after this.

Kutschied

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Dionnep777; not n5725764 said:
Messenger App keeps shutting down. FRUSTRATING. So got rid of it. Now using another.

AND the GOOGLE PHOTOS can't access my SD CARD too? REALLY FRUSTRATED GOOGLE. WTH?

Mine does too. Facebook stops working. Camera freezes up. Switching between apps lags. Texting is slow.

Kutschied

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
I don't like it. Apps stop working continuously.... You get out go back in and does it again. There is a lag when switching apps. Not able to watch videos and texted at the same time as I had hoped. The video will stop or act like it's buffering. I had hoped that when we got it several months later the glitches would be worked out. Like Android (not a lover of apple)....But truly despise the new nougat.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Really. They release it to the testers several days before roll out. Lol. Think I'm done being a tester after this.

Soak tests for the most part are just testing the roll out/upgrade process.

gnznroses

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
After getting the update notice several weeks ago, and then it getting pulled, I got another notice last night. Seems they're re-pushing the update. I assume a fixed version. You guys that had already updated, are you getting a new update? I want to know that this latest version doesn't have the same problems as before. It still says 25.11.10....

BethanyAvant

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Had many issues after the Nougat update on my Turbo 2. Front camera wouldn't work, apps crashing, wouldn't turbo charge, said my memory was full, just to name a few. Did factory reset, worked for a few minutes then right back to same issues. Verizon sent new phone. After getting everything set up I am now getting a notice to update to 7.0 Nougat 25.11.10. Anyone know if issues have been fixed. I just keep hitting LATER instead of install!!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Had many issues after the Nougat update on my Turbo 2. Front camera wouldn't work, apps crashing, wouldn't turbo charge, said my memory was full, just to name a few. Did factory reset, worked for a few minutes then right back to same issues. Verizon sent new phone. After getting everything set up I am now getting a notice to update to 7.0 Nougat 25.11.10. Anyone know if issues have been fixed. I just keep hitting LATER instead of install!!

Same version number? Same build.

pwnyxpr3ss

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
I am not sure if all the issues have been fixed, I just updated mine to 7.0 Nougat 25.11.10 last night and currently my phone won't turbocharge at all. I didn't have any app crashing issues or camera issues, just the fact that it takes forever to charge, even though the cord charges my girlfriends turbo 2 that she updated this morning.

Ema Seijas

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
So, here's my experience with Nougat:

I first updated at the end of March. I loved it. The UI of Nougat was easy on the eyes, intuitive, and fun to use. It also broke my phone.

Luckily I was still under warranty so I received a new Turbo 2 from Motorola. At this time, I didn't realize it was the update that cause all my problems... I just thought that my phone was doing the abuse it put up with for a year.

When I got the new phone, I wanted the update again to have all the Nougat features back. However, this was right around the time they pulled the update. I didn't realize they had until *after* I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon and Motorola. When I finally found out it was pulled, all the pieces came together, and I resentfully took heart that I was still running Marshmallow.

Enter problems, stage left. After using my phone for a glorious three weeks, and deferring the the recently re-released update once a day out of fear, all of my offlined Spotify songs disappeared. I redownloaded them and kaboom. My phone heated up and never cooled down, my battery plummeted, and my phone would charge ridiculously slow. I half expected my phone to read that it was running Nougat, but it wasn't. I put up with these problems for about a week before realizing that my phone was no longer in warranty. At that point, I was at my wit's end with my Turbo and out of a twisted sense of rebellion, I updated my phone.

Enter saving grace, stage right.

My battery problems were solved. My notification issues were solved. My charging issues were solved. I had one quickly-remedied issue with Netflix.

My battery last me three days on standby, all day with heavy usage.

I'm not telling this story as a prescriptive bit of advice. I was terrified to update my phone again. I don't know if this would work for anyone else. But you wanted to know if anyone was crazy enough to update their phone again. This is what happened when I did.

gnznroses

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Figured I'd share my experience:
The past couple of months my phone has been really, really, agonizingly slow. Like several seconds to switch apps etc. Tried clearing the cache partition but that didn't help. Was afraid to update to Nougat after hearing the problems people were having finally bit the bullet and did it yesterday and now my phone is like-minded fast and I haven't had any downsides.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2