Nougat Messaging

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll do a cache wipe and all that jazz before bed and reply before sleep, or if I fall asleep, tomorrow.

Had to do a recovery mode cache wipe and reboot to solve the issue. Or so I thought. Because it was okay, I came here to post, I exited, and there it was, one allegedly unread message notification on the app icon.

So now what?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Had to do a recovery mode cache wipe and reboot to solve the issue. Or so I thought. Because it was okay, I came here to post, I exited, and there it was, one allegedly unread message notification on the app icon.

So now what?
Make another messaging the app the default temporarily and see if it reports any unread messages that the app you are using now is not showing?

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Make another messaging the app the default temporarily and see if it reports any unread messages that the app you are using now is not showing?

That did it! Android Messages fixed just like that. Thank you!

I made Facebook Messenger the default SMS app and it showed a message I had read and deleted in Android Messages the day my issue began. So I deleted it a second time in Facebook Messenger, flipped back to Android Messages as the default SMS app, and all is well now.

Man, you've bailed my tail a lot over the last couple of years. I owe you probably a 24-pack at this point.

AussieCol

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Not sure if this correct thread as it seems opposite of others prolems

Since mobiles started in 80's,when looking at whatever phone I had (even before smart phones), I could see the number of unread text messages (sms) that were unread.

But now I get a pop up notification (if looking at screen) that goes away in a few sections - with nothing showing on the message icon - that I am used to.

Just bought this Moto G4+ and it upgraded to Nougat - I think.

Anyway Help on Moto Phone Status says:
- V 7.0 with
- patch level 1 March 2017

Any ideas? Same happens on phone call missed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2