Droid Turbo 2 or Z Force? Picked Turbo 2 but problems

A

AC Question

I had a Droid Turbo for years. Loved the battery life , which is really important to me but hated not having ability to expand storage. I am a photo hoarder and it kept telling me I had low storage. It lasted at least 4 years and when the last update was forced on it, it completely ruined it. Got stuck in the boot up mode and nothing could be done. I wasn't prepared to pick a new phone but had no choice. Spent hours in the store and the assistant was pushing me towards the Turbo 2 and Z Force. She seemed to prefer the Turbo 2 as it was more like my own phone but with storage. I am not good with change and the Force would also need the purchase of new charges. I was worried about the Turbo 2 not being the newest model and having problems but it was cheaper and closer to my old phone and I picked it. Well it has problems. I am not sure if it's a bad phone or just problems in general. Battery drained in front of my eyes with pretty moderate use the very first day. I just use it for internet surfing and FB and emails..no gaming. Literally from surfing the web from 5:40 am to about 6:30 it dropped every few minutes until it was at 73%. Then I let it sit for awhile and by 10am it was at 68%. By 2pm it was at 12%. Then my old turbo charger is having a hard time getting it to charge unless it is in "just the right position". Took it in and they said to "give it time" as it was downloading a ton of things since it was new. Had it 3 days now and not much difference. Is this common? It is running a 6.0.1 with no update available. Should I exchange it for the Force? Does the Force come with Nouget?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The 'just the right position' part suggests a faulty charger, USB lead, or USB port.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes the Force now has Nougat. From reading the Force forum here, I see no complaints about significantly reduced battery life.

Yes, return the phone and get the Force. IMHO, the Turbo 2 was a problematic phone for many people.

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
The Turbo 2 has Nougat as well, and I have never had a problem with mine. Neither has my wife. We both got them the first day they were available.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Again - just read through the posts in this forum. Look at the Z Force forum. Moto Z Force - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I know that most posts are from people having problems, and, of course, not everyone has a problem with their T2 - but there seem to be a lot more people posting about the T2, who are unhappy with the T2. If you can afford the Z Force (which will be supported by Lenovo for longer than the T2 will), by all means - get that phone.

See also https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/486/page/1/thread-id/2758

54 pages of people reporting issues with the charging port, most requiring replacement - some people multiple times. Not for everyone, but - compared with most phones - I think that the T2 is a lemon.