DROID TURBO: Rumored Specs

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Totally excited for this phone, heavy user here working in marketing. Looking at Moto X but ...not sure lots wows out there dashed with battery life comments. No one will ever make a truly great phone - bad for new sales!

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I was initially set on the new Moto X, as I have the first one and it's great. But with the Droid Turbo potentially releasing in October, and still the questionable Nexus 6, I can hold out a bit and see which of the three works best for me. (If the Nexus comes to Verizon).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm expecting more than one DROID.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I do not know much about the VZW droid line. Any chance of getting it to work on AT&T? If those spec's are even close it looks like its going to be a great phone.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
If it's like most of the newer (past year or so) VZW phones, you can get voice and 3G. Usually you can manually enter the correct APN to HSPA+ and messaging.

I was looking into trying to take my old VZW G'Nex to AT&T just enough to check coverage, but it's too old.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I can live with anything from 5 - 6 inches (5.2 would be good), but I don't want to give up the battery in my Maxx.

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i don't think the device will be huge. Maybe around 5"

The big battery phones from Moto have always been a reasonable size. People that need that battery don't want to look like buffoons carrying around a 6" device.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i don't think the device will be huge. Maybe around 5"

The big battery phones from Moto have always been a reasonable size. People that need that battery don't want to look like buffoons carrying around a 6" device.

The Note series doesn't make people look like buffoons. I do agree the Motorola should stay around 5.1" though since it does include on screen keys usually.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
A QHD screen would be nice and all, but I'm not sure it's necessary unless they are still able to maintain Maxx level battery life. I'm all for the super specs, but I'd think 1080 is still fine these days since there isn't much that can take advantage of the QHD yet from what I understand. As for the size, I've certainly been against the size creep way back since I had my Blackberry Pearl, but I'm now quite used to the 5" screen on my Maxx and wouldn't mind a 5.2" if they could keep the phone size from increasing too much, perhaps with on screen buttons.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain this graphic relative to what everyone is saying about the screen size? That arrow that runs diagonally across screen has the words Display Screen in the middle. Does that mean that that 154mm is the screen size or the phone size? That translates into about a 6" screen size which seems like too much of a jump in screen size over the current 5" Maxx, but might make a little more sense with a QHD display. I'm really hoping that's phone size and not screen size.

droid-quark-measurements.jpg

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
That would be the total phone size corner to corner. My current MAXX is 14.5 CM the one in the picture is 15.4 CM so just a little bigger as far as overall phone size. The current MAXX screen is 5.0 inches so I am going to guess that the new one will be in the 5.2 to 5.5 inch range. Just my 2 cents on a guess.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
For all the rumors about the next Maxx / Droid Turbo, we haven't heard anything about battery size. Any guesses? Since the current Maxx packs a 3500 mah battery, I am hoping the next one is in the 3800-4000 range. I think it'll need a slightly bigger battery to counter the bigger, brighter screen.

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Moto X went up only 100mah in going from a 4.7" to 5.2" screen and maintains the same battery life, roughly.

For all the rumors about the next Maxx / Droid Turbo, we haven't heard anything about battery size. Any guesses? Since the current Maxx packs a 3500 mah battery, I am hoping the next one is in the 3800-4000 range. I think it'll need a slightly bigger battery to counter the bigger, brighter screen.

Sent from my XT1080M

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
According to DroidLife the rumored Quark/Turbo specs are:

√ Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor clocked at 2.65ghz
√ Adreno 420 GPU
√ 3gb RAM
√ 3500 mAh battery
√ Wireless Charging
√ Turbo Charging (like the new Moto X)
√ QHD screen 2560x1440
√ Screen size is unknown but the physical dimensions are slightly larger than the Moto X which puts it at around 5.2"
√ Android 4.4.4

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/1...eed&utm_campaign=Feed:+DroidLife+(Droid+Life)

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Can someone explain this graphic relative to what everyone is saying about the screen size? That arrow that runs diagonally across screen has the words Display Screen in the middle. Does that mean that that 154mm is the screen size or the phone size? That translates into about a 6" screen size which seems like too much of a jump in screen size over the current 5" Maxx, but might make a little more sense with a QHD display. I'm really hoping that's phone size and not screen size.

View attachment 137802

If you do the math (and assume the length and width values are accurate) the actual diagonal equates to 161.14mm, not the 154.49mm as shown.

???

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I too was wondering if the 154 is screen and the 73/143 are including the bezels, since they are not within the blue box. As said before, that'll be a big phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae