Droid Turbo possibly set for a 10/31 release?

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Will depend on the kindness of strangers to keep me informed here. Last thing I want is Verizon sending me all their promotional e-mail 'crap'.

Thanks for the update on possible dates.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen anything concrete but there are rumors that the Max will launch with L
I doubt that very much. No one is expecting L to land this month, but this phone will.
I may have to eat these words! The Nexus 6 will be available for pre-order, complete with Lollipop, on Oct. 29! So the Turbo really could ship with 5.0. (Although it still doesn't look like it from the renders...)

Google reveals the $649 Nexus 6, pre-orders begin on October 29th

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So I saw this announcement on phone arena. "Motorola confirmed that it would bring Lollipop to the following smartphones: Moto X (1st and 2nd generation), Moto G (1st and 2nd generation, plus the Moto G LTE), Moto E, Motorola Droid Ultra, Motorola Droid Maxx, and Motorola Droid Mini." I do not see the Turbo on the list. Might that be because it will launch with it or did they just forget to mention it?

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Saw this on Phone Arena. "Motorola confirmed that it would bring Lollipop to the following smartphones: Moto X (1st and 2nd generation), Moto G (1st and 2nd generation, plus the Moto G LTE), Moto E, Motorola Droid Ultra, Motorola Droid Maxx, and Motorola Droid Mini." Now why wasn't the Turbo mentioned? Is this because it will be launched with Lollipop or did they just forget to mention it? SORRY for the nearly identical post.

Last edited:

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So I saw this announcement on phone arena. "Motorola confirmed that it would bring Lollipop to the following smartphones: Moto X (1st and 2nd generation), Moto G (1st and 2nd generation, plus the Moto G LTE), Moto E, Motorola Droid Ultra, Motorola Droid Maxx, and Motorola Droid Mini." I do not see the Turbo on the list. Might that be because it will launch with it or did they just forget to mention it?
I would love to see it launched with it but I do not believe it will. I think the Nexus will be first to launch with it. I do not think the manufacturers have a final version yet. I think it wasn't mentioned because it officially hasn't been even announced.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Saw this on Phone Arena. "Motorola confirmed that it would bring Lollipop to the following smartphones: Moto X (1st and 2nd generation), Moto G (1st and 2nd generation, plus the Moto G LTE), Moto E, Motorola Droid Ultra, Motorola Droid Maxx, and Motorola Droid Mini." Now why wasn't the Turbo mentioned? Is this because it will be launched with Lollipop or did they just forget to mention it?

It hasn't been announced yet. They aren't going to put it on the upgrade list before it officially exists.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I take it as they are only referencing phones that are already released and expect any new phone will get updated as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I think if it is released after the Nexus 6 it will have lollipop if it is released before or at the same time it may still have Kit Kat and be updated very shortly after release. There is no way the Droid turbo is going to beat the Nexus 6 as the release device for lollipop so I am hoping that the Nexus 6 gets released within the next few weeks so the Droid turbo can be shortly after that. I am going to Vegas for a trip so hopefully I can win one lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I think if it is released after the Nexus 6 it will have lollipop if it is released before or at the same time it may still have Kit Kat and be updated very shortly after release. There is no way the Droid turbo is going to beat the Nexus 6 as the release device for lollipop so I am hoping that the Nexus 6 gets released within the next few weeks so the Droid turbo can be shortly after that. I am going to Vegas for a trip so hopefully I can win one lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nexus 6 is shipping 11/12, they announced it yesterday.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
VZW is going to announce something on the 28th about Droids. Anyone think they will wait till after the Nov 12 to release? If they release before the Nexus 6 my money is on Kit Kat

I'd wager they will release it on or before 10/31. VZW always does short announcement periods with their devices. It won't launch with lollipop, but it will get updated pretty shortly after release - within a month of 11/12.

Last edited: