Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Motorola ain't gettin' no lovin'

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I went to VZ yesterday. I know that not everyone is a phone geek, but the Moto X was there and no one was even interested. All the girls (not being sexist, just reporting what I saw) was with their bf or salesman, all had to have the shiny new Samsung or similar. Didn't even inquire about the Moto X or how its features differ.

Man those marketing guys sure know what they're doing.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Motorola ain't gettin' no lovin'

Samsung's snd Apple's marketing budgets are orders of magnitude larger than Moto's, and Verizon isn't pimping the X at all, likely because of the Turbo and Z3. But Moto will get plenty of lobe from Big Red once the Turbo lands, guaranteed.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

And they still could not get preorders out in a timely fashion for the new Moto X...

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

And they still could not get preorders out in a timely fashion for the new Moto X...

I still don't have mine. Canceling the charge on my card bc this non communication and ineptness from Moto is really ticking me off. They probably invested my $170 along with everybody else who has yet to receive their phone in gold stocks and made millions last week. Not cool man...

Posted via the Android Central App

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

I went to VZ yesterday. I know that not everyone is a phone geek, but the Moto X was there and no one was even interested. All the girls (not being sexist, just reporting what I saw) was with their bf or salesman, all had to have the shiny new Samsung or similar. Didn't even inquire about the Moto X or how its features differ.

Man those marketing guys sure know what they're doing.

"Is that really the phone you want?" Question from the Verizon sales rep when I was asking about the opinions to purchase and exact cost to me. Based on past experience, the amount they at the end rarely matches the initial dollar amount.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I work for Verizon, but I own a new Moto X and will probably get a N6. Keep in mind, Most people aren't into phones like we are. They just go by advertising.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Joe, have you had any hands on time with the turbo?

Most of the Verizon employs won't even know a new phone is coming until its been in the store a couple of weeks. I don't think they get much of an internal heads up - at most a week in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool