Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo My issue with big red phones.

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I am torn between, the note 4, nexus 6 or the Turbo.
I had a maxx, was a good phone but good luck trying to find any accessories for the phone.. I'm not big on cases but I do like my glass screen protector.. It was impossible to find one for the Maxx even 6 months after it dropped... My other minor issues, camera wasn't great and I can't tell u how many effin time when texting and trying to hit the space bar I hit the Damn home or back button whichever it was... I'm leaning toward the note, my fear is the release date... Hell, Verizon has zero sense of urgency releasing phones, I'm not waiting 2 more months..

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: My issue with big red phones.

I'm betting we'll see more accessories for the Turbo than there were for the Maxx. The Ultra had more to begin with, and this year there (supposedly) won't be 3 Droids to divide the accessories market. You'll probably see more OEMs devote resources to it as a consequence.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Motorola's site also sold a handful of accessories including cases and screen protectors. I don't usually use a screen protector or case but on my current Maxx I'm using the bumper case.

I agree, the camera wasn't great but I did get decent shots from it. If the camera is even a little better, it's a win as the rest of the specs are top shelf!

Verizon didn't sell screen protectors?

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I'm really looking forward to getting it, I'm on my s4 since release date, ready for something different. Never had a moto

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

After having a Maxx for the past year with Always Listening touchless controls I can't see ever not having it, if I have a choice.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Zagg had one about 30 days after release and Skintomi had one also. I also got a great case for my maxx.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Cameras are not great but your going to miss the radios on the Motorola. Mine trounces Samsung's signal in the office and basement.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

He's looking for the tempered glass ones. Nobody made one for the Maxx.

Eg: http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Ant...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3963798

Just one more example where the Maxx gets no love or recognition from the cell phone community

My screen would look much nicer if one had ever existed. This Gorilla Glass stuff isn't all its cracked up to be as shown in the vids where people aggressively scrape it with keys, knives, screwdrivers, etc. I think that I baby my phone, am careful how I put it in my pocket and where I set it in general and the screen has several decent sized scratches on it. I don't like the more plasticy feeling screen protectors. They were fine on my BB where I never had to touch the screen, but the coefficient of friction just isn't the same on these screens where I have to slide my finger around. And the ones Verizon sells/pushes are complete crap.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Just one more example where the Maxx gets no love or recognition from the cell phone community

My screen would look much nicer if one had ever existed. This Gorilla Glass stuff isn't all its cracked up to be as shown in the vids where people aggressively scrape it with keys, knives, screwdrivers, etc. I think that I baby my phone, am careful how I put it in my pocket and where I set it in general and the screen has several decent sized scratches on it. I don't like the more plasticy feeling screen protectors. They were fine on my BB where I never had to touch the screen, but the coefficient of friction just isn't the same on these screens where I have to slide my finger around. And the ones Verizon sells/pushes are complete crap.

There are lots of great screen protectors out there. The VZ ones are always crud. Steinheil, iSmooth, Boxwave, etc., all make excellent thin film. Tempered glass adds bulk and weight for not much more security. IMO, anyway.

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

There are lots of great screen protectors out there. The VZ ones are always crud. Steinheil, UltraSmooth, Boxwave, etc., all make excellent thin film. Tempered glass adds bulk and weight for not much more security. IMO, anyway.

I'll have to check some out after I get the Turbo. Until recently I didn't know there was much past the somewhat rubbery feeling Zag protectors and the crap Verizon ones.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

I'll have to check some out after I get the Turbo. Until recently I didn't know there was much past the somewhat rubbery feeling Zag protectors and the crap Verizon ones.

Sorry, meant iSmooth (what I use on my Maxx, and I like them a lot).

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

There are lots of great screen protectors out there. The VZ ones are always crud. Steinheil, iSmooth, Boxwave, etc., all make excellent thin film. Tempered glass adds bulk and weight for not much more security. IMO, anyway.

I've used Steinheil and iSmooth and they were better than most plastic films. However, comparing them to Glass there is no competition. Glass may be thicker but its 9H compared to around 3H hardness which means its more resistant to scratches. It feels 100x better, less finger prints/easier to clean, much clearer, no rainbow effect and is likely to last the life of your device. Also, it provides shock protection where as the plastic doesn't.

Not even close. I'll never use plastic again and I also won't go naked after my Note 2 scratched for no reason at all.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)