Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Just spoke to store Rep!

cropp

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Just walked out verizon store pretending to browse around. Rep came to help, asked what I was looking for. Said I looking to buy new phone. He immediately directed me to iPhone 6. I said I had motorola before I like those. He said. We ha e the new moto X, but the turbo which is way better is coming around black Friday! So it looks like a late November release for the phone!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just spoke to store Rep!

You know to take what reps say about upcoming devices with a grain of salt, eh? They probably pushed you hard to get a different device.

I think it'll be out sooner than black Friday, but that's my opinion.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I was in a Verizon store today and the rep never heard of the Droid Turbo (or the Sony Xperia z3v).

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Just walked out verizon store pretending to browse around. Rep came to help, asked what I was looking for. Said I looking to buy new phone. He immediately directed me to iPhone 6. I said I had motorola before I like those. He said. We ha e the new moto X, but the turbo which is way better is coming around black Friday! So it looks like a late November release for the phone!

Time for my public service announcement:
Never ever ever under any circumstances should you ever believe anything a rep tells you. My almost 80 year old mother who has alzheimer's knows about 10 times as much as the very best reps. They know nothing and lie about everything. Their number one goal is to get you to walk out of the store with an iPhone. Don't listen to them as they know absolutely nothing. If they tell you black Friday then the only thing you can be certain of is that black Friday is not when it will be released. So again I say to you don't believe them. Not a single word. Ever.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

I was in a Verizon store today and the rep never heard of the Droid Turbo (or the Sony Xperia z3v).

Go figure. I was in the store the day the LG G2 was released. I asked to see the phone and they had no idea it was even being released that day. She said, "maybe its in back and they haven't told us about it yet." She went and discovered it and I proceeded to teach her about the phone.

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I was in a Verizon store today and the rep never heard of the internet. lol

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

I was in a Verizon store today and the rep never heard of a rep. Okay, seriously, on every release of a phone for the past 5 years we (inn'ernet savvy phone geeks) have known more about the release of new phones before any store rep

cropp

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

I normally don't listen, but since he volunteered the information I thought it would something I should share!

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

A bunch of us have a Motorola phone that got a forced KK update...now this phone doesn't work and all of a sudden Motorola and Verizon has never heard of the thousands of us with this broken phone. (true story)

Posted via the Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

So you were pretending to browse around in a Verizon store,,,,

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

That is just when they will "reveal" the information. I don't know why everyone assumes that is the release day. I hope it is, but I doubt it.

Maybe not, but I doubt the Black Friday release the OP was talking about is it. That's almost a full month later, and you're gonna have a hard time making people wait that long with phones like the Note 4, Nexus 6, and new iPhones available.

My guess, available that week on Friday the 31st. The only snag there would be the holiday might lower some launch day sales, but people would still have the weekend to pick one up.

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

Oh, why not. I was in the Verizon Store today and the rep didn't even know what the Verizon Store was.

It will either be available week ending 10/31 or the next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463