Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Looks like a third back option

da2b63d73e9ce24e1d84769d77f20902.jpg

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I hope they are just like the Kevlar on the current droid maxx. The crappy covered Kevlar on the droid ultra sucks!

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Am I crazy or is it look like the phone that is slowly revealing itself on the verizonwireless website has the textured back panel.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Am I crazy or is it look like the phone that is slowly revealing itself on the verizonwireless website has the textured back panel.
Or is the information being leaked in a manner to drive you crazy? I have almost decided to ban myself from looking at anything Turbo related until the phone walks into the stores for hands on inspection. Too much heartburn

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

The image on that page is larger than it appears. Here is the full resolution. Yes, it looks like the textured back!

vz-droid-phone.png

PS: What's with those numbers on the lighting on the right? Were those always there -- "15" and "5"? I don't remember them. And there appear to be others on the left, obscured by a pole. ??

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I can't recall if the numbers are the same, but I do remember seeing numbers on those lamps when the site went live.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Since the photo appears seems to be of a professional photographer's setup, my guess would be a number identifying the piece of equipment they are attached to for the photographer. Those types of tags have been used for easy identification of things like triggered remote flashes. Because of the darkness of the picture it is difficult to determine if this is really the case here. Just a guess, but then it is not the first not probably the last guess on this forum.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Only the very bottom wrap around part. The rest is black. see other thread for a pic

Sent from Uranus

Thanks. For some reason reason it didn't register as a picture of one red phone. I viewed it as a picture of two phones - black front and red back. It was my early stage cataracts - That is my story and I am sticking to it. :D

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me, or don't most of us case our phone anyway?

I don't either. The only thing that can hurt these virtually indestructible Droids is nuclear war and sadly...Motorola's own botched updates (see Droid Razr M and Droid Maxx Forums)

Sent from Uranus

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Is it just me, or don't most of us case our phone anyway?

The droid line is one of the phones I don't throw a case on because it has that Kevlar. Can't really get scratches, dents or cracks in it.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

The droid line is one of the phones I don't throw a case on because it has that Kevlar. Can't really get scratches, dents or cracks in it.

That's what I thought about my first Maxx until a precision strike dented and cracked the $&#! bezel. That thin strip of plain-ol'-plastic between the gorilla glass and the Kevlar. The replacement has remained suited up. Not sure what I'll do with the Turbo. Will have to experience it for a while before I fret about it.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

That's what I thought about my first Maxx until a precision strike dented and cracked the $&#! bezel. That thin strip of plain-ol'-plastic between the gorilla glass and the Kevlar. The replacement has remained suited up. Not sure what I'll do with the Turbo. Will have to experience it for a while before I fret about it.

Ya that's always a possibility. But for the most part the phone is pretty resistant to that kind of stuff. I'd much rather have the Kevlar than say a glass back Or glossy plastic. As long as the camera lens doesn't protrude which it shouldn't given the turbos likely thickness I'll just throw a screen protector on it and call it good.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I think it would be odd to see textured, kevlar black, and kevlar red as the options.