Turbo, N6, Note 4, and LG G3

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm a satisfied G3 owner but I can't say that if I were upgrading now, I'd be torn. The Note 4 isn't appetizing because I've owned two Samsung's - Galaxy S4 and Google Nexus. Personally I've struggled to see quality in a Samsung; namely with reception. But I know Samsung carries a tremendously large fan base. So for the sake of argument, I'll say we have four phones, all packed with features, brilliant screens, fast processors, and unique carrier specific features.

Given you have four potential choices, what is the deciding factor for you upgrading to the Turbo? I bought my LG G3 on launch day and have no regrets.

Posted via the Android Central App

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
1st question is what size phone do you want? If you want a phablet I would probably choose the N6, primarily because of poor experiences with Samsung and great experiences with Moto.

I would prefer a phone in the 4.7-5" range, but since that's not an option, I would be choosing between the Turbo, G3, Z3v and X.

The X is a good buy, but the camera and battery rule it out for me. I really like Moto and they make great phones, so for me, the Turbo seems like it will be a great phone, though we have yet to see how good the camera is and I wish it was smaller.

If I was leaning toward the G3 or Z3, I would be waiting for the next generation of both, which should be 6 months or less.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
For me it has to be the battery size and the screen size. I need something that can last a few days camping, fishing, and hunting without worrying about phone dying. The larger screens do not appeal to me either. I still use a RMHD, and cant imagine going from 4.7 screen to 5.9 screen. I also have admit Motorola build quality seems better to me. I alsmost bought an s3 a few years ago and it just felt flimsy to me. I guess I am rough on phones. Just my personal preference.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with G3 screen size, but the N6 might be the right size for me.

Eli, I think LG will more than that for a G4. Sony seems to be the one company on a six month plan.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I

Eli, I think LG will more than that for a G4. Sony seems to be the one company on a six month plan.

The LG G3 was announced about 5 months ago, so I would expect the next one to be announced in about 7 months and released in 8.

Until we see an android phone with a sensor as big as the 1020 (less pixels though) and a MAXX size battery and 4.7-5" screen, I won't have the right phone for me.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I

The LG G3 was announced about 5 months ago, so I would expect the next one to be announced in about 7 months and released in 8.

Until we see an android phone with a sensor as big as the 1020 (less pixels though) and a MAXX size battery and 4.7-5" screen, I won't have the right phone for me.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It would have to be the Turbo for me just because of the Moto Suite (Display, Voice, etc.) However, I just bought an '14 X so none of them actually.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Biggest factor for me is battery life. No point of an awesome phone if it can't last me 18+ hours. Droid turbo for me.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Turbo for me. I have the droid maxx currently and battery is really good for me. I took it of the wireless charger at 7 am this morning and got home at 10 pm and I have 50% battery left. Normal days use all on 4g. I would consider myself a medium user. I used navigation twice today for about 20 min each time. Did email and twitter and a few other apps. I don't want to leave the Moto suite of apps. I use those through out the day. For me Nexus 6 is too big and lacking in some features verses the turbo. My 2 cents.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is king. I hate having to ration my use so I can conserve battery life. For a little while I owned both a LG G2 and Droid Maxx. I really wanted to like the G2 better and I definitely liked the feel in the hand, screen size and resolution, but in the end the larger battery on the Maxx won out. I'm just happy they've finally improved the rest of the specs on the phone to come in line with the great battery.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm a satisfied G3 owner but I can't say that if I were upgrading now, I'd be torn. The Note 4 isn't appetizing because I've owned two Samsung's - Galaxy S4 and Google Nexus. Personally I've struggled to see quality in a Samsung; namely with reception. But I know Samsung carries a tremendously large fan base. So for the sake of argument, I'll say we have four phones, all packed with features, brilliant screens, fast processors, and unique carrier specific features.

Given you have four potential choices, what is the deciding factor for you upgrading to the Turbo? I bought my LG G3 on launch day and have no regrets.

Near stock Android with that battery life is a no-brainer for me. Plus the Moto Actions, Voice, Display and Assist apps are wonderfully simple and essential daily helpers.

Sent from Uranus

elvis692

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking of going to the Droid turbo to get some much needed battery life increase from my g3. I would really miss the tap on/off though. Does anyone have any positive feed back as far as apps providing tap on/off??

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking of going to the Droid turbo to get some much needed battery life increase from my g3. I would really miss the tap on/off though. Does anyone have any positive feed back as far as apps providing tap on/off??

If the Turbo is like the Maxx/X, you won't miss it (much). Jostle the phone a tad and the clock and a lock icon appear. Drag down to wake/unlock. (Frankly, in a lot of situations its even more convenient that knock/unlock -- like pulling your phone out of your pocket -- boom, screen's all set, just drag to unlock). And somebody CMIIW, but I think you can do that with a hand waive over the screen with the 2014 X. Maybe not quite as quick as knock/unlock (I have that on my G Pad and its fairly quick, generally), but still pretty fast and useful.

Last edited: