Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Prepping for new phone

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I plan to order the upcoming Turbo to replace my aging Razr Maxx & have a couple of questions.

First, what's the smoothest way to install (only) selected apps, use Moto Migrate or, login to my Google Play account with the same ID & pick/choose from my list?

Then, since I plan to pass the still functional Maxx to a family member, I assume that here I would just do a factory restore & enter the new Google ID during setup & thereby avoid having to uninstall all my apps & data before handing it off?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Prepping for new phone

First, what's the smoothest way to install (only) selected apps, use Moto Migrate or, login to my Google Play account with the same ID & pick/choose from my list?

I used an app called App List Backup to make sure that the apps I wanted were reinstalled after a factory reset of my Droid Maxx. That said, I never used migrate, but I think that would be the best bet in this case.

Then, since I plan to pass the still functional Maxx to a family member, I assume that here I would just do a factory restore & enter the new Google ID during setup & thereby avoid having to uninstall all my apps & data before handing it off?

Since it's just going to a family member, yes, a factory data reset will be fine. The encryption and reset suggested in the next post is a great idea if you're trading in the phone, selling it to a stranger, etc., but that isn't necessary when you trust the recipient and, in fact, know that they don't have the sophisticated equipment that might be necessary to try to extract your old data from a factory reset phone.