Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo 64GB model: Black Ballistic Nylon Only

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Was very excited to see there is a 64gb model of the droid turbo....then my excitement faded when I realized it is not available in the awesome red color....only the black ballistic nylon. So disappointed:(

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: 64gb model in black ballistic nylon only!

Thanks for the heads-up (just changed my order)! Man I hope that report is accurate -- seems like maybe they jumped the gun on the NDA by 30 minutes or so, lol.

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I'm assuming this material will be grippier than the other though. If this is the case I'm MORE than happy with this! I thought I was going to have to settle with 32gigs. I haven't been this excited for a phone since the original Droid Incredible!

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I'm thinking it will be rough feel like the official VZW holster cases for past Droids. I love this feel rather than the slicker kevlar from the past Droids.

This message was emitted from Uranus

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm still going with the Nexus 6 but that Ballistic back looks sweet. Nice surprise on the 64gb option too.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I'm thinking it will be rough feel like the official VZW holster cases for past Droids. I love this feel rather than the slicker kevlar from the past Droids.

I agree.

Posted via Android Central App

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Ballistic nylon model: 73.3 x 143.5mm, curve is 8.3 to 11.2mm
Metalized fiber model: 73.3 x 143.5mm, curve is 7.8 to 10.6 mm

Ballistic nylon: 176 grams
Metalized fiber: 169 grams

Hmm... She's a bit chunky in the midriff...

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Per The Verge hands on video, all 3 styles will be available for the 32GB version (black kevlar, red kevlar, and black ballistic nylon).

The 64GB version will only be offered in black ballistic nylon.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

The Droid logo on Phandroid's hands on pics is slightly different with a red accent. Either way, the phone looks great in that pic.

http://phandroid.com/2014/10/28/hands-on-motorola-droid-turbo/

Yeah, noticed that in the Engadget pictures, as well. That red accent is only on the ballistic nylon back, it seems. (And actually, now that I've looked at the full resolution, that red stripe says "64GB" on it).

Compare
droid-turbo-hands-4.jpg

with
droid-turbo-angle.jpg

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, noticed that in the Engadget pictures, as well. That red accent is only on the ballistic nylon back, it seems. (And actually, now that I've looked at the full resolution, that red stripe says "64GB" on it).

Compare
http://phandroid.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/droid-turbo-hands-4.jpg

with
http://phandroid.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/droid-turbo-angle.jpg

Droid Life's unboxing shows the 64GB on the red accent also. I like the red accent on the all black back.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/28/droid-turbo-unboxing-and-tour/

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Was very excited to see there is a 64gb model of the droid turbo....then my excitement faded when I realized it is not available in the awesome red color....only the black ballistic nylon. So disappointed:(

I hear ya. Although the looks of the 64gb nylon looks kind of cool too. I wonder what cases I can get to see if I would like it better than the red.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if they will have any of the 64s in the stores? When I bought my S3 I had to order online to get the 32gb version over the 16 they had in the stores.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I wonder if they will have any of the 64s in the stores? When I bought my S3 I had to order online to get the 32gb version over the 16 they had in the stores.

Considering this is Verizon's (not Moto) flagship Android phone, I would have to think they would stock the 64GB. They stock all capacities for the iPhone.