DROID TURBO: Motorola Flip Case

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Droid Turbo Flip Case

Looks like Motorola's also getting into the window case business.

b764m4Y.png

E2sGNgY.png

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I definitely don't plan on covering up this already rugged Droid with a huge case. That's what Gorilla Glass, Kevlar and Ballistic Nylon are for. Plus you get a free screen replacement. #NakedTurboPlease

This message was emitted from Uranus

managuense

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Im wondering if a different case will be required for black nylon and the kevlar. The nylon seems like it is a little thicker, maybe designed to be caseless?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I definitely don't plan on covering up this already rugged Droid with a huge case. That's what Gorilla Glass, Kevlar and Ballistic Nylon are for. Plus you get a free screen replacement. #NakedTurboPlease

This message was emitted from Uranus

One free screen replacement.

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
It looks nice, but the phone already looks very stylish on its own. That, and this thing costs $60. No way I'm paying that much for a phone case.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
It's not out yet. Coming soon on the Moto Site.
Yes it is. Verizon has them. I tried one and didnt care for it. Fit was tight. Although everything worked well. I didn't like the flap can shift up and down while closed. It is nice though. If your into flip cases you will enjoy it.

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's not out yet. Coming soon on the Moto Site.

Picked one up on the first day. Used it for a few days but then took it off. Made the phone wider than I liked and didn't care for the plastic "window" constantly rubbing against the screen. It always left a hazy square mark where dust collected between the two surfaces. Dealing with the flap kinda got annoying as well and it didn't seem to play nice with the Active Notifications at times.

carhopper

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Picked one up on the first day. Used it for a few days but then took it off. Made the phone wider than I liked and didn't care for the plastic "window" constantly rubbing against the screen. It always left a hazy square mark where dust collected between the two surfaces. Dealing with the flap kinda got annoying as well and it didn't seem to play nice with the Active Notifications at times.
I agree. I hated the flap and ended up cutting it off with a sharp razor. I really like the case without the front cover and it came off clean as I cut it up against the seam.

brybelle22

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Turbo Flip Case opinions

Did anyone get the flip case by Motorola? Which material did you get and what is your opinion on the case? I'm intrigued but $60 is a lot just to satisfy my curiosity.

brybelle22

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I hated the flap and ended up cutting it off with a sharp razor. I really like the case without the front cover and it came off clean as I cut it up against the seam.

Do you have any pics of your modified case? Sounds like a good idea. I'm considering the brown leather case and if I don't like the flap cutting it off seems like a good idea if it still looks good.

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Just got the case yesterday. I like it, but its certainly not perfect. Looks great, fits great, high quality feel and even smells good. QI charging works fine, too. I know some people are having problems with earpiece volume being too low on their phones, but I haven't haven't experienced that, and the case doesn't seem to affect call volume or ring volume at all, even though it covers the speaker.

The plastic window really, really sucks. All its good for is monitoring activity or incoming calls. Almost impossible to use the touch-screen through it. I tried to answer a call today by pushing the green phone button, and the phone just kinda locked up, even after I opened the case. The button lit up like it was working, but the call was not answered. I ended up unintentionally hanging up on the caller. Also tried taking a picture, but you have to press the screen to hard, so I'm trying to learn to use the volume keys for that, which isn't nearly as user-friendly for me.

I'm afraid I don't have a steady enough hand to cut the plastic without damaging the case, so I guess I'm going to live with opening the phone anytime I want to do anything with it. Still like the case overall, just wish they wouldn't have advertised features that really don't work well or at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey