Rep said I can't keep unllimited data

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I went to buy my phone and the rep told me that by even buying a new phone at full price that Verizon was going to use that as an out in the contract to force me into a tiered data plan. Anyone else experience that?

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
They lied to you, order it online or go to a different store. If you buy at full price your plan should not change, I have done it many times.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That's complete BS. He was just hoping you would sign a new contract and get credit for it. I've bought a couple of phones at full price from Verizon with no issues.

Just curious, were you at a corporate store?

I went to buy my phone and the rep told me that by even buying a new phone at full price that Verizon was going to use that as an out in the contract to force me into a tiered data plan. Anyone else experience that?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
That's complete BS. He was just hoping you would sign a new contract and get credit for it. I've bought a couple of phones at full price from Verizon with no issues.

Just curious, were you at a corporate store?

Yea. Corporate store. I walked out.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
And this is why you never listen to reps.

20 minutes til lunch, I'm getting antsy.

Posted from the Avengers: Age of Droid Ultra

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Rep called the store work me on the phone and the store manager told her that it has been a new in store policy for the past 2-3 weeks. She said they are on an entirely different system then the stores and that I should go to the store, buy it, she would annotate my account, and fix it afterwards. That's total crap customer service that the store can't do that. At least she is going to (I hope) take care of things for me.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Rep called the store work me on the phone and the store manager told her that it has been a new in store policy for the past 2-3 weeks. She said they are on an entirely different system then the stores and that I should go to the store, buy it, she would annotate my account, and fix it afterwards. That's total crap customer service that the site can't do that. At least she is going to (I hope) take care of things for me.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Rep called the store work Mr on the phone and the store manager told her that out has been a new in store policy for the past 2-3 weeks. She said they are on an entirely different system than the stores and that I should go to the store, buy it, she would annotate my account, and fix it afterwards. That's total crap customer service that the site can't do that. At least she is going to (I hope) take care of things for me.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Oops. Apparently I don't know the difference between the edit and quote button from my phone.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Rep called the store work Mr on the phone and the store manager told her that out has been a new in store policy for the past 2-3 weeks. She said they are on an entirely different system then the stores and that I should go to the store, buy it, she would annotate my account, and fix it afterwards. That's total crap customer service that the site can't do that. At least she is going to (I hope) take care of things for me.

Nooooo!!! Do not do this! If they change your plan to activate it, you will have to go through hell and back for even the slightest chance at getting unlimited back. Buy it, don't have them do anything with your account and activate it yourself. It's very easy to activate it online without touching your plan.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Nooooo!!! Do not do this! If they change your plan to activate it, you will have to go through hell and back for even the slightest chance at getting unlimited back. Buy it, don't have them do anything with your account and activate it yourself. It's very easy to activate it online without touching your plan.

I've been through a mess with this previously and had to argue all the way to the presidents office to get it fixed, but that was mostly according to them because I didn't notice the plan change they slipped in on me. She assures me that my plan will stay exactly the same and that she is going to call me back to confirm.

PolarBear8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

I have heard in the past that there is no way on God's green earth for ANYONE in verizon to change an account TO unlimited. So if you have it, DO NOT let it change for ANY reason.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

That is false. they just want to make you think that is the case because they probably make $$ if they get people off unlimited and onto tiered plans

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
From my past experience, changes have to be done with in two weeks.

I would absolutely not risk it. Go buy the phone and have them activate it online. They don't have unlimited in their systems anymore. Even the premium reps have told me they can't revert.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
They can sell you a phone outright, but there is no incentive for the sales reps to do so. In fact its a detractor to sell a phone without a contract. So this is why they lie, they cant be bothered with a deal that wont pay them.

Blame Verizon corporate, they have modified their reps behavior to suit this sort of negative experience.

That being said, if they take you off unlimited and you return the phone. There is a form that will give you your unlimited back. Its not immediate though, it takes a few days from what I'm told.

Moral of the story, if you want to buy the thing full retail try best buy or just order it online. Its soo much easier that way.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Watch out for Best Buy. They sell phones at $100-150 more without a contract renewal. You will have to get them price match the Verizon store's price.

... if you want to buy the thing full retail try best buy or just order it online. Its soo much easier that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith