DROID TURBO: FYI tethering does not work (resolved 10/31)

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
# update 10/31 - it seems like a behind the scene fix is rolling out. No action needed by the customer

If you try to activate the built in tethering you'll get an error message asking you to call to subscribe. I definitely have tethering on my account and so does the store rep. We both get the same errors on our turbos.

Last edited:

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: FYI tethering does not work (for me or the store rep's personal droid turbo)

Mine fired right up. Maybe your phone didn't fully get provisioned?

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: FYI tethering does not work (for me or the store rep's personal droid turbo)

Mine fired right up. Maybe your phone didn't fully get provisioned?

Very weird. Tech support confirmed my account is set up correctly. The Verizon rep was certain his was as well.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Very weird. Tech support confirmed my account is set up correctly. The Verizon rep was certain his was as well.

I did have to power cycle my phone to make outbound calls after setup. Try that?

mgabriel2#AC

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I'm having the tethering problem as well. Sitting at VA store exchanging now ... crossing fingers

Posted via the Android Central App

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Who pays for tethering still when the FCC and courts have ruled that Verizon cannot prevent smartphone owners from using third party tethering apps (and the data they pay for) in whatever fashion they see fit?

FoxFi a.k.a PDANet functioned fine on my original Razr Maxx, and I can confirm it's working on stock Droid Turbo. And it costs $8, one time. That being said, I haven't tried the Wireless access point function, just USB tethering.

ZtO

Glenn Jenkins

May 17, 2013
Visit site

My boss and I both got a 64 GB Turbo this morning and neither phone's mobile hotspot will work. I spent an hour on the phone with tech support. Everything is set up correctly on the account. I was advised to return the phone. The Verizon store Rep had to make several calls and according to what he was told, there is a know issue with the Droid Turbo and mobile hotspot. I decided to wait a few days to see if it is resolved via an update.I have to say,I'm very disappointed.

mgabriel2#AC

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

On my 2nd replacement still no WiFi tethering back to the store tomorrow

cml21

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I also have no hotspot. Of course it was the last thing I checked, after spending hours getting everything just so. I hope I don't have to exchange this thing....

rdcamero

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Mine is not working either.I am going to try and get this prorated since I am being billed for it but can't use it.

dcd34

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

no hotspot here either. it's not that the phone needs to be returned. when i called tech support, the tech said there was an open case file of lots of people with this issue. she seemed to think it would take a few days to fix.

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Same here, will just wait for a fix. I assume it's just something not set correctly on the network.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Yep no tethering here either. This I can kinda live with for a day or two. However between this and the no voice + data at the same time while not near a wi-fi connection makes this phone unusable. The phone is great. However Motorola and Verizon screwed the pooch on this one. What is this, 2008?

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

Ugh, I use my mobile hotspot a lot on weekends. I really hope this isn't an issue.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

This really is an issue. It's been escalated up the chain. Supposedly they are working on a software fix. Who knows how long it will be until it is out there.

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

I got the subscription message. This burns me. Grrrr.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2