Droid Turbo: Battery Life

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I've been maxing out this phone on auto brightness (in a sunny room), using pics, watching vids, and downloading apps on 4G for over an 1hour and it's only dropped from 65% to 61% in that time. Pretty awesome if this keeps up. Anybody else wanna share your battery life?

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
So far I think the battery started at 65% been on for 4 hour 12 min.
Screen on for 1 hour 58 min..
I'm at 29%
Took a bunch of photo and messed with all the settings to get it optimized, Sent 15 e-mails with pictures attached roughly 1.5 MB per picture.

My signal is at 1x = -88dBm and 4G = -104dBm ..

I'm gonna chalk it up to being in a crappy cell reception area.

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I work in a bunker. I picked it up 6 hours at 65%, at 19 now.

What kind of settings do you use to save power. I gave up on most of the power saving apps I tried because many needed too much interaction.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I got home from buying the phone about 2.5 hours ago. Have been playing on it constantly, mostly getting everything set up. Since this is the initial setup phase, EVERYTHING is syncing in addition to the screen on time. I went from 82% to 58% in that time. All things considered, seems pretty good. I am sure once everything is up and running and it gets a full charge tonight, it'll be excellent battery life.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I work in a bunker. I picked it up 6 hours at 65%, at 19 now.

What kind of settings do you use to save power. I gave up on most of the power saving apps I tried because many needed too much interaction.

First things I did is go to Settings, more, change mobile networks to LTE/CDMA rather than Global. Put location setting on battery saving. Screen on auto brightness and make sure social and email apps aren't syncing more than 1x per hour under Accounts settings. Also, for WiFi advanced settings, I change always on to only when plugged in and then uncheck the box for always scanning even when WiFi is turned off. That should help.

PS. Since you are in a bunker, you could either turn off mobile data to get a better CDMA only signal or just go to airplane mode and use Wi-Fi at work (no phone or data). There are apps like Tasker that can automate this kind of stuff too. Best of luck!

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
First things I did is go to Settings, more, change mobile networks to LTE/CDMA rather than Global. Put location setting on battery saving. Screen on auto brightness and make sure social and email apps aren't syncing more than 1x per hour under Accounts settings. Also, for WiFi advanced settings, I change always on to only when plugged in and then uncheck the box for always scanning even when WiFi is turned off. That should help.

PS. Since you are in a bunker, you could either turn off mobile data to get a better CDMA only signal or just go to airplane mode and use Wi-Fi at work (no phone or data). There are apps like Tasker that can automate this kind of stuff too. Best of luck!

Funny you said that. As soon as I switched from global to LTE/CDMA I noticed instantly a stronger signal and two more bars.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Funny you said that. As soon as I switched from global to LTE/CDMA I noticed instantly a stronger signal and two more bars.

I work in a bunker too. If you're feeling advanced, try out the Viaero 4G Toggle free app. You can manually switch the radio between CDMA (1X) or CDMA PRL (3G) or LTE/CDMA (4G). This little app really saves battery at work by going to CDMA

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I work in a bunker too. If you're feeling advanced, try out the Viaero 4G Toggle free app. You can manually switch the radio between CDMA (1X) or CDMA PRL (3G) or LTE/CDMA (4G). This little app really saves battery at work by going to CDMA

Thanks! I most definitely will. I don't work in a bunker, but I do work in a Supermarket with a basement that of course has horrible/no service and constantly drains my battery. I'm never down there for a long enough period of time to bother to go airplane mode, but I am gonna check this app out.

Update: I downloaded the app but can't find it in either my app drawer or widget folder.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Should be the very first one listed in the app drawer since it starts with a number

It just appeared in the app drawer. One quirk that I have noticed is that I have a delay between downloading an app and when it appears in the app drawer.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You can also use LTE ON OFF application to switch from 4g to 3g/CDMA. I have used it for a long time and it works well.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My goal with this phone is to get 16 hours of usage. I think it's dumb that people are angry, Because they aren't going to get the 48 Hours they are told. Most of us aren't average users. I plug my phone in every night when i go to bed, So why would i need it to last 48 hours? I just don't understand these type of people. Give me 14-18 hours and I'm Happy.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My goal with this phone is to get 16 hours of usage. I think it's dumb that people are angry, Because they aren't going to get the 48 Hours they are told. Most of us aren't average users. I plug my phone in every night when i go to bed, So why would i need it to last 48 hours? I just don't understand these type of people. Give me 14-18 hours and I'm Happy.
Me too.

I take the 48 hours as saying I'll be able to go a whole day without an issue. No chargers needed no matter what I throw at it that day.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I recharged so I could base my phones battery off of 100% so here is my stats so far.
e08c476cbd3c058727807aff698cced7.jpg

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting. 6.8%/hour seems awfully high (my reference is a Maxx). Are you thinking it will improve?

Looks like a low signal area from the pic. Also, when the new Moto X rolled out the experts were saying to give it a week to break in before the battery life would settle in at better levels.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting. 6.8%/hour seems awfully high (my reference is a Maxx). Are you thinking it will improve?

Looks like a low signal area from the pic. Also, when the new Moto X rolled out the experts were saying to give it a week to break in before the battery life would settle in at better levels.

The battery is excellent. Not sure what everyone expects but my S5 would be close to 50% by now.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414717387484.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414717387484.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 321

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith