New customer, Verizon is making it impossible for me to stick with them

Verizoned

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, went to a store to buy the Turbo outright. I bought a Note 4 last week at Best Buy, but it's dropped a few calls at my house. So, wasn't happy with it, called BBuy, they mentioned the Moto X as having a good radio. I bought the MotoX full price so I could have them both side by side at home to test. I'm new to Verizon, signed up on their edge plan. I could have just purchased the phone outright though but BBuy said if I did that I would not get their $200 gift card promotion.

The Mx does have the better radio and sound quality overall is better. But then I find out two days later that the Turbo is out. So I thought I would just go buy the Turbo, do the Sim xfer at home (like i did with the Mx and Note 4) and if it sounded better keep it and return the others.

Well, Verizon says no way. Two stores and their website won't allow it because I'm in the edge plan for less than 30 days. I was trying to figure out why it would matter if I'm paying full price outright for the phone? Wouldn't they want me to have a phone I'm happy with to stay with Verizon?

Evidently not..:) So, I'm either stuck with the Note 4 (the Mx is out because it's just outclassed by the Turbo for just a little more $$) OR I just leave Verizon and go back to AT&T (and find out what phones they have). I have a few more days to decide but it's looking like I may end up just leaving Verizon.

Interested if anyone else know a way around this nonsense...?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, went to a store to buy the Turbo outright. I bought a Note 4 last week at Best Buy, but it's dropped a few calls at my house. So, wasn't happy with it, called BBuy, they mentioned the Moto X as having a good radio. I bought the MotoX full price so I could have them both side by side at home to test. I'm new to Verizon, signed up on their edge plan. I could have just purchased the phone outright though but BBuy said if I did that I would not get their $200 gift card promotion.

The Mx does have the better radio and sound quality overall is better. But then I find out two days later that the Turbo is out. So I thought I would just go buy the Turbo, do the Sim xfer at home (like i did with the Mx and Note 4) and if it sounded better keep it and return the others.

Well, Verizon says no way. Two stores and their website won't allow it because I'm in the edge plan for less than 30 days. I was trying to figure out why it would matter if I'm paying full price outright for the phone? Wouldn't they want me to have a phone I'm happy with to stay with Verizon?

Evidently not..:) So, I'm either stuck with the Note 4 (the Mx is out because it's just outclassed by the Turbo for just a little more $$) OR I just leave Verizon and go back to AT&T (and find out what phones they have). I have a few more days to decide but it's looking like I may end up just leaving Verizon.

That is stated explicitly in their terms. Just go to BB, return the Moto x and grab the turbo.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you buy the Note 4 outright or did you Edge it? Or did you Edge and just pay off the balance right away?

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I did edge and did not pay off balance. I CAN do that though...

Doesn't matter either way now that I think about it, seeing as your aiming to pay full price for the Turbo. The only conflict I can see if the fact that you'd have an edge phone associated with a certain number...and they would want to activate the Turbo on that same line. The Egde agreement is tied to the number, that contract needs to be satisfied before they will sell/activate a new phone on that line. Granted that wouldn't be the case if you purchased the phone from a third party, as all you would have to do then is switch SIMs. I think Verizon has this policy about selling phone without activating them.

Verizoned

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't matter either way now that I think about it, seeing as your aiming to pay full price for the Turbo. The only conflict I can see if the fact that you'd have an edge phone associated with a certain number...and they would want to activate the Turbo on that same line. The Egde agreement is tied to the number, that contract needs to be satisfied before they will sell/activate a new phone on that line. Granted that wouldn't be the case if you purchased the phone from a third party, as all you would have to do then is switch SIMs. I think Verizon has this policy about selling phone without activating them.

Thank you for the information. It helps me understand my options. The thing is though, they have let me move the SIM back and forth between 2 phones right now, both new on the one edge contract. This is simply so I can get one that works well where I live. The moto x works better than the note 4 so I figured the Droid turbo would work as well but I want to be sure before I return the Note 4. Maybe it's not possible and I'll just return everything and figure something else out..:)

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Per the Edge agreement, you have to wait 30 days after you initially sign up for Edge to Edge up to a new device as long as you pay the edge up amount.

Posted via the Android Central App

Verizoned

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Per the Edge agreement, you have to wait 30 days after you initially sign up for Edge to Edge up to a new device as long as you pay the edge up amount.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes, that was said previously but Verizon and Best Buy already let me buy two phones on the one edge account in 4 days. So it seems it CAN be done, agreement or not.

The point I'm arguing is that it is good for the consumer if they can get a phone that works for them and Verizons paper agreement limits that. Second, is what benefit does it give them to have this 30 day stipulation?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that was said previously but Verizon and Best Buy already let me buy two phones on the one edge account in 4 days. So it seems it CAN be done, agreement or not.

The point I'm arguing is that it is good for the consumer if they can get a phone that works for them and Verizons paper agreement limits that. Second, is what benefit does it give them to have this 30 day stipulation?

A lot of things don't make sense with Verizon. I would return both devices to Verizon and cancel the Edge agreement and buy the Turbo at full donkey. I did the Edge in May for my son and they had the 30 day thing then - you had to wait the 30 days before swapping devices. It's doable for you but it will take some time to do the return - hopefully you did them in store.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I am dealing with a Moto X return right now. Its been less than a pleasant experience. I would call 611 and ask to speak to a supervisor. I have had to deal with quite a few CS reps who don't know what they are talking about.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

You might want to consider posting it to this area, I believe there is a Verizon dude there who might be able to assist. Just go back to the Turbo forum and look for the heading.

Questions about purchasing the DROID TURBO from Verizon? Ask here!