Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Anyone else's Wifi signal doo-doo?

flackberry

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having wifi issues? Mine pretty much drops out in my normal wifi areas - work and home. The Note 4 I took back and the icon I had before that worked fine. I even deleted the wifi connection and re-added with the same outcome. If it keeps up I'm going back to the store and asking that exchange it for another new one.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone else's Wifi signal doo-doo?

Did you accept the system update from the settings, phone info area. That may fix it.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Nope, mine works great!

ee3b7989951bfc79963aef3474633af9.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Anyone else having wifi issues? Mine pretty much drops out in my normal wifi areas - work and home. The Note 4 I took back and the icon I had before that worked fine. I even deleted the wifi connection and re-added with the same outcome. If it keeps up I'm going back to the store and asking that exchange it for another new one.

While watching Thursday night football on Wi-Fi I noticed the signal drops in half and video lags if I put my hand over the very top edge of the phone. This might be a defect?

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

While watching Thursday night football on Wi-Fi I noticed the signal drops in half and video lags if I put my hand over the very top edge of the phone. This might be a defect?

Interesting, I just put my hands over the top half and went to 50% signal

Posted via the Android Central App

flackberry

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

Tested at home on WiFi and the issue is the signal strength sucks. Compared to other phones in the house this one is low. I did do the small update today. I'm wondering if I should factory rest as maybe something changed with the update.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Tested at home on WiFi and the issue is the signal strength sucks. Compared to other phones in the house this one is low. I did do the small update today. I'm wondering if I should factory rest as maybe something changed with the update.

How can you compare signal strength? Are you seeing an actual signal numeric reading in an app or something?

cml21

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

My wifi signal is a lot weaker than other devices in my house. The wifi is also not turning on at reboot. Ugh.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

My wifi signal is a lot weaker than other devices in my house. The wifi is also not turning on at reboot. Ugh.

Mine turns on after a reboot. Did you try and forget and reconnect

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

lowrg3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Nah, mines good.

Attachments

• 3108.jpg
    3108.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 198

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en&token=2En9VTyr

run that on the DT and a couple others and you'll see the DT has pretty so-so
wifi reception. I've seen worse but I've seen a loooot better too.
I doubt anything is going to fix that.

One can have poor wifi reception and still get fine results with online speed tests,
it's not really very telling in this case. You are looking for the dB reading of the
signal, be it wifi G or N, or LTE/CDMA, etc.
As a point of reference, on my back patio I have a Nexus 7 that pulls -65db, a Galaxy S4
that is at -60db, and the Turbo which is at -70db, 5ghz 802.11n, didn't see a lot of difference
on G signal strength, other than on the N7.
You can absolutely cover the top edge of the DT with your hand and see the signal fall off like a
rock. I suspect the chip/radio is fine but the antenna is insufficient or not well routed or some such.
I have yet to try it out in the shop or in the far back yard, we'll see.

On the up side, the bluetooth range seems to be pretty good.

Last edited:

RobinsonR810

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issues! Ugh its so irritating and frustrating and depressing! I swapped it out for another phone and it worked well the first day and then BAM I have the issues AGAIN! uggh I don't know what to do at this point. I'm going to swap it ONE MORE TIME and if not then I'm just gonna go back to my old phone (first gen Moto X).
But my issue is basically the wifi will only connect if I restart my phone. So once I connect at work then I leave for lunch and come back I have to restart my phone again to get back on the wifi. And sometimes that doesn't even fix it.

RobinsonR810

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Wow I cannot believe what I've gone through today with this phone. I installed the update, factory reset, wifi wouldnt connect at all. Then I went and put the phone in airplane mode and then wifi connected, for about 30 minutes and then disconnected. It wouldn't connect back. THis was at work so I get home and it won't connect at home. So I went to Verizon to switch it for the 2nd time. The guy was sooooo rude to my husband and I. I told him everything I've gone through and how it only fixes when the phone is restarted. I showed him how it wouldnt connect to any of the wifis there so he restarted it and of course it connected. I said well duh that's the fix but I"m not about to restart my phone every single time I need to be connected to wifi, that's absurd. So I told him I'll take a walk away from the wifi area so it can disconnect then I'll come back and I'll come back and it probably won't connect (because it does that to me all the time)...so I walk away, wifi isn't there anymore, I come back, and it freakin connects. So annoying it's like bringing a car to the mechanic and not recreating the problem. So anyways even though we showed him that it didn't work earlier and all he did was restart it to temporarily fix the issue he wouldn't exchange it. Now honestly if he were calm and told me that then I might have said oh well what can you do...but he told me that he went through my account and doesn't see any record of me trying to troubleshoot the issue with the techs. OMG I've spent so much time on the tech support chat with people that don't really try to help all that much and I specifically asked if I can see a tech to look at the phoen and they said they don't have techs at the stores...so I've chatted with people at verizon and they told me just exchange the phone. SO he basically calls me a liar saying that I never did any of the troubleshooting steps and he fixed it now so I should be good. And the way he talked to us was extremely rude, my husband tried to calmly explain that this is a temp fix but it will start acting up again like it has been all day. Well we got the manager there and the guy continued to talk crap to us yelling at us, it was so unprofesional and I can't beleieve he acted the way he did. THe manager told him to calm down but he continued to yell. Anyways, the issue could not be recreated (so annoying) so now I'll have to wait until the wifi stops working tomorrow and go back in for a replacement. I cannot believe that not a lot of people are having this issue as I've so far had two phones with the same problem!!!

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
No complaints here.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415451063201.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415451063201.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 53

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta