Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo HDMI/mirror on newer smartphones?

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Just occurred to me, my previous phone (Droid 4) has a micro HDMI port that I bought a cable that basically let me use my phone as a Roku/movie player when away on trips via mirror mode. As none of the newer phones really have this I'm guessing they must now have micro-USB to HDMI adapters? Anyone have experience with this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HDMI/mirror on newer smartphones?

Some phones and tablets can use MHL or Slimport adapters that plug into the microUSB port and output to HDMI. But from what I can tell, the Droid Turbo doesn't have that capability. You can always get a Chromecast, which is only about $30.

ghbishop

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: HDMI/mirror on newer smartphones?

Miracast is the way to go when traveling. Chromecast requires that both devices be on the same wifi network. Miracast will work without a wi-fi network.

Miracast devices are about $30 on amazon.

To set this up - go to Settings->Display->Cast Screen. The manual does mention Mira-cast but I have not tested it yet.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Miracast is the way to go when traveling. Chromecast requires that both devices be on the same wifi network. Miracast will work without a wi-fi network.

Miracast devices are about $30 on amazon.

To set this up - go to Settings->Display->Cast Screen. The manual does mention Mira-cast but I have not tested it yet.

Can you Mirracast protected content like NFL Mobile app for the Redzone channel?

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I use the push2tv. It just mirrors the screen on your phone. Was about 50 bucks last year.

I use it alot now that i have internet at home and dont have to worry about data.

Havent tried my turbo on it yet, my maxx had trouble streaming smoothy, but my tab4 and my note3 worked great

Posted via the Android Central App

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I use the push2tv. It just mirrors the screen on your phone. Was about 50 bucks last year.

I use it alot now that i have internet at home and dont have to worry about data.

Havent tried my turbo on it yet, my maxx had trouble streaming smoothy, but my tab4 and my note3 worked great

Does your Push2tv video feed skip/cut out very briefly? mine has been doing it every minute or so when I try and stream from my Nexus 7 and I'm hoping its just isolated to that device.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does, if I turn mirroring off and then back on it usually fixes it.

My only other complaint is i cant get the update to it, even following the instructions lol, i can get it downloaded to my phone or tablet but the url link it gives to go to wont load, been that way for months.

But all and all it works good