Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

stillpwning

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had any experience with returning the device in store due to a screen issue? I mentioned mine a few pages back (top quarter is warmer than rest of screen) but I am worried VZW will give me the run around when I bring it in the store for an exchange. I can replicate the issue on a screen tester app so that gives me some hope.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
On the corporate email, does anyone know how to make it so that the reply all function does not include the sender? It keeps including me in my own emails and there does not appear to be any setting. If anybody knows of a setting, please screen shot it. This appears to be a bug.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone had any experience with returning the device in store due to a screen issue? I mentioned mine a few pages back (top quarter is warmer than rest of screen) but I am worried VZW will give me the run around when I bring it in the store for an exchange. I can replicate the issue on a screen tester app so that gives me some hope.

If you go to a corporate store it will be as easy as telling them its defective and you want a new one. They will help you out.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I miss visual voice mail on Sprint which was free. I miss it, but I'm not paying extra for it. It's bad enough I have to $15 a month for access to Good Messaging (also free on Sprint). /rant

Is Google Voice not an option for you? Free visual VM with that.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Basic visual voice is free. I didn't wait for the trial period on the "Pro" version to expire & called Verizon support today & they handled it instantly. Hung up, rebooted & done - presented with the option to use free or upgrade, chose free & done. Only nag is no speakerphone option, must listen to the downloaded recording from the earpiece. You can use both or either it and the legacy dialup voice mail though so, use what suits you.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Basic visual voice is free. I didn't wait for the trial period on the "Pro" version to expire & called Verizon support today & they handled it instantly. Hung up, rebooted & done - presented with the option to use free or upgrade, chose free & done. Only nag is no speakerphone option, must listen to the downloaded recording from the earpiece. You can use both or either it and the legacy dialup voice mail though so, use what suits you.

Good to know. I've been using Google Voice for years now, so no reason to switch out of it.

smickhenry

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been getting a notification very frequently that says "searching location" and then a little while later says "location found." Is this normal, or does anyone know a way to make it stop? I have location set to high accuracy. I guess it isn't that big a deal, I just find it a bit annoying.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even know about that, so thanks for bringing it up as an option. I've actually only been with Verizon for 2 years. I was with Sprint for many years before, and only jumped ship for the 4G service. Sprint had Visual VM as a free option and I really liked it. 2 years ago, that service was only available as an add in (I think it was $3), until until I was enlightened in this thread I thought that was still the case. Between that, and the new data plans, I'm much happier with what I'm getting for my monthly Verizon bill that I was before.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My issue so far with the corporate email is that when a new email arrives in one of my subfodlers, the phone won't show the notification in the notification bar or play a sound. I think I have all of the subfolders set to notify me of new emails, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I had this problem and despite having the screen test stuff they argued with me and abused me for 2 hrs. Maybe now it will be easier for others.

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
If you go to a corporate store it will be as easy as telling them its defective and you want a new one. They will help you out.

This is not true. I will post my experience later. It is 4/pages long and 3 droid turbos deep.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone run into a weak cellular signal in areas they previously got a good signal? In my house, but Turbo is showing -116dBm on 4G (yet still showing as two bars), whereas my Droid Razr Maxx typically had 3-4 bars and hovered around the -98dBM mark. I do recall when I first got my DRM, it took a system update to improve an initially poor cell reception, so I am wondering if that is the case with the Turbo.

Also, I know its not just an issue with my phone, as my wife's phone is showing the same poor reception. Granted our phones still make calls, and have yet to drop any calls made from our house, but just curious if anyone else has noticed weaker reception.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone run into a weak cellular signal in areas they previously got a good signal? In my house, but Turbo is showing -116dBm on 4G (yet still showing as two bars), whereas my Droid Razr Maxx typically had 3-4 bars and hovered around the -98dBM mark. I do recall when I first got my DRM, it took a system update to improve an initially poor cell reception, so I am wondering if that is the case with the Turbo.

Also, I know its not just an issue with my phone, as my wife's phone is showing the same poor reception. Granted our phones still make calls, and have yet to drop any calls made from our house, but just curious if anyone else has noticed weaker reception.

Yes, I have as well. 3 out of the 4 people I have talked to with this phone, have commented about static coming from my end. Also hard to hear them on my end. (disabled audio effects 5 minutes after I bought it.)

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My signal is not noticeably better but is certainly no worse. I'd have to say I get the same 2 or 3 bars of 4G signals I did on my original Maxx.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Mine is the same at home and work. Have you tried changing Mobile Network from Global to LTE/CDMA in the settings>more menu?

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
problems/quirks with your turbo.

Initially I loved this phone going from my HTC droid DNA. But I've come to find a few things that may be deal breakers for me. I don't want to pay the $35 restocking fee so if anyone has any solutions I'm all ears.

1. No Facebook sync to contacts? What's up with that?

2. No mhl support? I watched movies on my TV with the [redacted] app all the time connected with my mhl adapter. Now I can't?!? I've ordered a push2tv and the micro USB to HDMI cable off the Motorola website to try and find a solution. Any help is appreciated.

3. Maybe its just me but I always use the stock browser on the phone. This phone doesn't have one! Dolphin browser has been my best solution to date.

4. Anyone else have their screen start freaking out on them? Like just keeps going from home to the open apps screen and back all by itself?

Other than that I live the look of the ballistic nylon. The 64gb of storage is a nice upgrade from my DNA. This screen is fantastically sharp and actions are fluid and snappy. And that battery life though! Almost twice the mah as my DNA!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: problems/quirks with your turbo.

I think I've decided to ignore it, but my screen shifts temp a bit from too to bottom. Like from a tick blue to a tick yellow.

Posted from my Droid Turbo via the AC App

ctenc001

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: problems/quirks with your turbo.

Initially I loved this phone going from my HTC droid DNA. But I've come to find a few things that may be deal breakers for me. I don't want to pay the $35 restocking fee so if anyone has any solutions I'm all ears.

1. No Facebook sync to contacts? What's up with that?

2. No mhl support? I watched movies on my TV with the [redacted] app all the time connected with my mhl adapter. Now I can't?!? I've ordered a push2tv and the micro USB to HDMI cable off the Motorola website to try and find a solution. Any help is appreciated.

3. Maybe its just me but I always use the stock browser on the phone. This phone doesn't have one! Dolphin browser has been my best solution to date.

4. Anyone else have their screen start freaking out on them? Like just keeps going from home to the open apps screen and back all by itself?

Other than that I live the look of the ballistic nylon. The 64gb of storage is a nice upgrade from my DNA. This screen is fantastically sharp and actions are fluid and snappy. And that battery life though! Almost twice the mah as my DNA!

Posted via the Android Central App

1. I think their is a setting in the app to allow for contact syncing.
3. Chrome is the stock browser! Its the official stock android browser, and Motorola doesn't modify the android build nearly as much as other manufactures
4. If you can reproduce this up front of a sales rep, you have all you need to avoid restocking fee!

Last edited by a moderator: