Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So you got your new Droid Turbo and you have found a bug, quirk or problem with it. Go ahead and share and try to be as descriptive as possible w/screenshots to help others out in identifying and possibly coming up with a solution.

Olittle

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I actually just started a thread about this. I have the 64GB ballistic nylon and the back is making a creaking/click sound when I press in certain areas...as if it's separating. You can actually feel a little space between the back and the body of the phone in those areas. The more I think about this the more I think I need to head in for an exchange....sigh...

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any of the creaking issues...Mine is around SoftCard (ISIS).... It is stuck on reloading after I accept terms and enter a pin... Won't activate on the new phone, Tier 1 and 2 level support are clueless. Teir 2 has me on hold right now. When I said Soft Card, he thought I meant SIM card... yikes.... Needless to say may be a software thing, or a secure element issue... However, Google Wallet installed and set up n about 1 minute. Google Wallet FTW. lol

borleans

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up my turbo yesterday (32g ballistic nylon) and this phone is taking some getting used to. I'm coming over from a Samsung GS4. So I've just plugged the phone in for its first-ever charge. I'm doing a regular charge, not a turbo. I let the battery get down nice and low so I can give it a pretty full/max charge. I turned the phone off so that ongoing phone processes and applications wouldn't interfere with or slow the charge, but as soon as I plugged it in, it turned the phone back on. Then, while still plugged in and charging, I turned it off again, and it turned right back on. Can this phone not charge while off? Seems strange, but maybe I don't really need to worry about it? I just like to turn it off sometimes if I'm traveling or not using it or just want it to be able to take a breather. Thoughts? Thanks!

Secondly, on the swipe-down menu, when I toggle over to the view with wi-fi, location, etc., there is a big space with a contact icon (it's in the top left next to the brightness icon). It's clickable, but when I click it, it just says "contact doesn't exist." What's that all about? Who is this contact? Is it supposed to be me? Is it a recent call or text? It seems like wasted space but I'm hoping I just need to change a setting or something to make it more useful.

Also, how do I take a screen shot?

Any other hidden tricks or features with this phone?

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
For the corporate email, if you reply all, it includes me as a recipient. Unless I want to receive my own email, I have to manually delete my email address. A little annoying, but nothing catastrophic.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The droid command center battery portion of the widget is almost always 1 percentage off from the actual battery stats if you go into them.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
@borleans: I have a Droid Maxx and my contact pic is in the upper right of the setting menu from the pull down notification menu that you described. I had to set that up first in the Contacts or "People" app. Open the People app and see near the top of you contacts list where you can set your personal info and picture as "Me"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1ccfcc8c50960e33980c17db421f82d2.jpg

Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to disable visual voicemail. I dont use it and dont wish to. I dont see anything in the all app list to disable. Thank you in advance.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my turbo Thanks!

Also, how do I take a screen shot?

Any other hidden tricks or features with this phone?

To take a screen shot on the Droid Maxx you hold the power button and volume down button simultaneously for a second and then release. Probably the same for your Droid Turbo.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

borleans

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, Deron. Seems strange to be setting up a full contact for myself on my own phone. And what's the value in having my contact be available from that menu anyway? Seems like misuse of space. But I did do it and now my pic is there, so thanks.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes that is how you take a screen shot with the turbo.
The only thing I have found is when you push the home button while in an app it goes back to the previous screen and you have to push again to get to home screen. I also can't find HD calling that is supposed to be on the phone. I had it working on the MAXX>

bpizzle1

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues pulling down the notifications bar? With mine, the screen acts like it stops sensing my finger around 1cm or so from the top of the screen. This causes the bar to start coming down then just immediately close again. I've noticed that dragging apps to the top of the screen has a similar problem. Once I hit the same point on the screen, the app will just drop on the top row because it stops sensing my finger. The only way I seem to be able to get around this is by making sure a good portion of my thumb pad is pressing on the screen when I'm dragging something across the top section.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Advanced calling will be available within 90 days of release.
Motorola DROID Turbo is here: a 5.2" Quad HD display, Snapdragon 805, and a huge 3,900mAh battery to drool over

Yes that is how you take a screen shot with the turbo.
The only thing I have found is when you push the home button while in an app it goes back to the previous screen and you have to push again to get to home screen. I also can't find HD calling that is supposed to be on the phone. I had it working on the MAXX>

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Deron. Seems strange to be setting up a full contact for myself on my own phone. And what's the value in having my contact be available from that menu anyway? Seems like misuse of space. But I did do it and now my pic is there, so thanks.
I think you can share your "Me" contact info with others as a contact card. It may also effect the picture that appears on other's phones when you use certain messaging or texting services. Maybe.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think you can share your "Me" contact info with others as a contact card. It may also effect the picture that appears on other's phones when you use certain messaging or texting services. Maybe.

It will also, connect to your G+ account, if you have that set up as well.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
For the corporate email, if you reply all, it includes me as a recipient. Unless I want to receive my own email, I have to manually delete my email address. A little annoying, but nothing catastrophic.

There should be an option in mail app settings to turn on/off the "always cc myself."

Sactown4

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping this is just an issue/bug with my phone, but service is not good.
My cell service is mainly at 2 bars at home, and WiFi is awful. It's only full if I'm right next to the router. Down a bar if I'm one room away, 2 bars if I'm further.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I don't have any of the creaking issues...Mine is around SoftCard (ISIS).... It is stuck on reloading after I accept terms and enter a pin... Won't activate on the new phone, Tier 1 and 2 level support are clueless. Teir 2 has me on hold right now. When I said Soft Card, he thought I meant SIM card... yikes.... Needless to say may be a software thing, or a secure element issue... However, Google Wallet installed and set up n about 1 minute. Google Wallet FTW. lol
Mine did the same thing last night. I ended up exiting the app and going into it again. It then told me that since it was a new device they were suspending my Share card, and gave me a link to the web page where I could re-activate it. After I did that, it took about ten minutes for the card to show up again in the Softcard Wallet app.

Last edited:

iamtron

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the same feeling. But it kept bugging me. So I walked through the voice mail setup. Then I got a message saying thanks for signing up for Advanced Visual Voice mail trial. Now I was really scared. I opened the voice mail app and under settings there was an option to end trial, which I chose. I think that still leaves me with visual voice mail basic. We'll see.

iamtron

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Sactown4. I'm seeing the same thing. Both WiFi and Cell signal bars are lower than previous phone. But I think(hope) it is just the way the software is displaying the strength as opposed to actually poorer reception. Time will tell I guess.