Droid Turbo Review: Phone Arena

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Reading their review, they note low call volume and having to push the phone into their ear to hear. Does that appear to be the case with people who have theirs already?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had to push the phone into my ear once. It's just as loud as my old Galaxy s5 and moto x 2014 edition IMO

When I was at the Verizon store last night I played with the speaker/volume control. I thought it was louder than my RMHD, and that's plenty loud. Also, others have said that if you go into Settings and turn off the audio equalizer it boosts the output of the earpiece.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Reading their review, they note low call volume and having to push the phone into their ear to hear. Does that appear to be the case with people who have theirs already?

This happens on every Moto Phone bc they put their crappy equalizer on it. Just go into settings>sound and turn off Audio Effects. Should fix it.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What about the poor screen brightness? Perhaps the price of the 4K display.

Sent from my XT1080M

Having seen the display, it's beautiful. The screen brightness is only a problem outdoors, in sunlight. The only phone I've seen that is halfway legible outdoors is the Apple iPhone. And even with those you are turning away from the sun creating a shadow so you can see it. I'd say you're going to need to hunch over the Droid Turbo in sunlight to create a shadow to be able to see the screen. You'll have to decide if that's a deal breaker.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Sent from my XT1080M
It's not as bad as described. I used it outside for an hour yesterday with no problem. Plus this sort of thing can easily be fixed with a software patch... which they may have already worked out in yesterdays system update. Update your Turbo and then retest!

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Sent from my XT1080M

More the price of OLED. Its just not as bright as LCD. I'm sure its at least a generation behind the Note 4, and that is not nearly as bright as LCDs despite being the brightest OLED available according to DisplayMate.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is the case with all Motorola phones. Samsung ear piece speakers are always programmed much better. The Turbo is louder than the iPhone 5 was though. Also, its not so much low as the positioning of the ear piece in relation to your ear. If you line it up just right, you'll get the sound a bit louder almost like you're wearing headphones.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the earpiece volume is horrible compared to the G2. My GF is a loud talker and i usually have to turn down on the G2. On this, i actually had to turn it up and it was still way lower.

Posted via the Android Central App

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my XT1080M

Though this phone isn't 4K. I've seen people refer to the Nexus 6, Note 4, and this phone as 4K, but these phones are only 2560x1440.

"4K" TV is usually 3840 X 2160 resolution, but true 4K is actually 4096 x 2160.

2560x1440 is quite a bit off from being 4K.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Though this phone isn't 4K. I've seen people refer to the Nexus 6, Note 4, and this phone as 4K, but these phones are only 2560x1440.

"4K" TV is usually 3840 X 2160 resolution, but true 4K is actually 4096 x 2160.

2560x1440 is quite a bit off from being 4K.

I think they are referring to 4K video recording.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I think they are referring to 4K video recording.

Nah, I usually see people say "4K display" just like adrialk, whom I quoted.

I guess people mix up Quad HD and 4K due to the "Quad" in the name being a reference for "4".

Sherri C

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the DROID MAXX and I love the volume on the MAXX. I do not like the TUBO volume. I have been using it a couple of days and not only are in call volumes lower but the ring tones are also. I have the same ring tone on both phones ant the MAXX will make you jump at full volume but the TURBO is much softer.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the DROID MAXX and I love the volume on the MAXX. I do not like the TUBO volume. I have been using it a couple of days and not only are in call volumes lower but the ring tones are also. I have the same ring tone on both phones ant the MAXX will make you jump at full volume but the TURBO is much softer.

There are at least 3 threads discussing this - with possible solutions.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The call volume on the Turbo is louder than the Maxx. The music also sounds better once you disable those 3D effects. I've had both and I always tried to adjust my Maxx to hear people. I don't have to do that with the Turbo.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe