Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo DROID

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: DROID

These are the radio bands listed inside the Droid Turbo. Check with your carrier to see if these are the same used for your network. Thats the best info I can offer you.

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
CDMA 800 / 1900

3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO

4G Network LTE 700 / 1700 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 (Bands 2, 3, 4, 7, 13)

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Can we replace the sim card ?
I'm talking about the contract phone.199$ for 32 GB from Verizon and bringing it to India and changing the sim without breaking the contract .
I'm sorry I'm asking too many questions .

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can we replace the sim card ?
I'm talking about the contract phone.199$ for 32 GB from Verizon and bringing it to India and changing the sim without breaking the contract .
I'm sorry I'm asking too many questions .

I don't believe that you will be able to get the phone on contract, then bring it to India. The phone will be locked to the carrier (Verizon) and will not work with another network. You would have to pay for the phone outright, full retail price ($599.99) then ask Verizon, or pay a website to unlock the device.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe that you will be able to get the phone on contract, then bring it to India. The phone will be locked to the carrier (Verizon) and will not work with another network. You would have to pay for the phone outright, full retail price ($599.99) then ask Verizon, or pay a website to unlock the device.

Verizon phone are not sim locked, even on contract. Verizon's agreement to purchase the 700 MHz spectrum that they use for most of their LTE prevents them from sim locking the phone.

The thing is that Verizon will continue to bill you for two years if you buy on contract, or charge you a fee to end the contract early. In fact, I don't think that Verizon will sell the phone on contract if you don't have a US address in their service area. You need either a social security number or probably a green card number to even add service, don't you?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon phone are not sim locked, even on contract. Verizon's agreement to purchase the 700 MHz spectrum that they use for most of their LTE prevents them from sim locking the phone.

The thing is that Verizon will continue to bill you for two years if you buy on contract, or charge you a fee to end the contract early. In fact, I don't think that Verizon will sell the phone on contract if you don't have a US address in their service area. You need either a social security number or probably a green card number to even add service, don't you?

this is true. but the phone needs to be paid in full or your contracted ended in good terms. Correct me if i'm wrong but how can you have one ESN active on 2 different carriers.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
this is true. but the phone needs to be paid in full or your contracted ended in good terms. Correct me if i'm wrong but how can you have one ESN active on 2 different carriers.

You take the sim out and put another sim in. I did this just last month when I was traveling with my Droid Maxx (which is still on contract); I put a prepaid sim in to get service in Europe. As a global phone, you can use and GSM sim that uses the bands the phone includes.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
But, yes, if you buy on contract and then stop paying, Verizon will mark the imei as bad and the phone will not work on any carrier.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
So , I can't get it to India without breaking the contract or paying the full price .Is that the thing?

No, if you're still willing to pay the monthly contract, you're all set. The full price is *much* cheaper. Also, supposedly Motorola is announcing a gsm international phone that looks a lot like the Droid Turbo next week, maybe called the Moto Maxx. Honestly, I'd see what comes of that first.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Duh..... I forgot all about that. Wait to see what the Moto Maxx is. I also believe it will be a GSM based Droid Turbo. Motorola is doing something on November 5th, a lot seem to believe it will be the Moto Maxx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969