Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Which One is Least Slippery?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
After having the One M8, and the iPhone 6, I'm tired of slippery phones.

For those of you that have had a hands on in the store, which one was the least slippery, the metalllized glass fiber, or the ballistic nylon? I really want the 64 GB model, but don't want a slippery phone. And I'm not a case person and won't even consider one.

rigg

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which One is Least Slippery?

In the same boat. Will not do slippery. The ballistic nylon is not slippery and your best bet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

In the same boat. Will not do slippery. The ballistic nylon is not slippery and your best bet.

I disagree. I felt the MGF was grippier because you can clench your fingers around it. On the nylon, if I tried to grip the nylon tightly my fingers would slip right off. However the nylon model has the rubber grippy frame around it which is good if that's the way you hold your phone. And the moto logo is textured which feels nice too.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I disagree. I felt the MGF was grippier because you can clench your fingers around it. On the nylon, if I tried to grip the nylon tightly my fingers would slip right off. However the nylon model has the rubber grippy frame around it which is good if that's the way you hold your phone. And the moto logo is textured which feels nice too.

I posted this thread because someone in another thread mentioned something about grip and how the nylon was slippery.

Anyway, if the sides are grippy, then I would be happy. The back of the phone is rarely resting against my palm now that I look at a phone in my hand. So I'm ok with a slippery back, as long as the sides are grippy.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I posted this thread because someone in another thread mentioned something about grip and how the nylon was slippery.

Anyway, if the sides are grippy, then I would be happy. The back of the phone is rarely resting against my palm now that I look at a phone in my hand. So I'm ok with a slippery back, as long as the sides are grippy.

Yes the nylon back is very slippery but feels great in the hand though.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Yes the nylon back is very slippery but feels great in the hand though.

I love the feel of the nylon, and the grippy sides of the phone are where I grab so it is a win win for me. I have to admit the red Kevlar was awesome to look at, but I have oily skin so it didn't work for me (finger prints).

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

They both have slick backs but the Ballistic Nylon is grippy on the sides.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Just checked them out.

BOTH are slippery, but I agree with those above, the ballistic nylon is MORE slippery.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I didn't play with the BN enough to gauge how slippery it is, but i can tell you the MGF is fast less slippery than the Ultra. Surprisingly so. A

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the nylon is more slippery, but not at the sides. Whereas the MGF is a little more grippy as the ack and sides.

I'm heading there shortly to swap my Note 4 I got last week for the Turbo. I can check them both out at that time, but always like to get ideas in my head as to what other think. Mainly because you guys will point out something I might miss, so thanks :)

iamtron

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Nylon is definitely more slippery. But since 64GB only comes in nylon I went with it. The M symbol has some nice grip to it though :)