Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo In call earpiece volume issues

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just got my phone at lunch, so I obviously haven't made a ton of calls BUT I'm having difficulty hraring the caller with volume at 100%. Bluetooth in my car works fine. Software is fully updated. Anyone else think this is a low volume phone - or is it just me?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Just got my phone at lunch, so I obviously haven't made a ton of calls BUT I'm having difficulty hraring the caller with volume at 100%. Bluetooth in my car works fine. Software is fully updated. Anyone else think this is a low volume phone - or is it just me?

Try disabling Audio Effects from the sound settings. That worked for me.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
It's noticably lower than the 2014 moto x. Audio effects handles speaker and wired effects, not regular calls.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
It's noticably lower than the 2014 moto x. Audio effects handles speaker and wired effects, not regular calls.

Not sure I agree with that. It noticeably dampens the volume in call. Had the the same problem with my Droid RAZR M.

I will say that both the new Moto X (which I returned) and Droid Turbo have some downward directionally firing sound in call so I have to hold both phones just right to hear a caller clearly in a loud room.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well don't make the mistake of buying a life proof case. If you think it sounds bad now you ain't heard nothing. I had to take it out.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I agree with that. It noticeably dampens the volume in call. Had the the same problem with my Droid RAZR M.

I will say that both the new Moto X (which I returned) and Droid Turbo have some downward directionally firing sound in call so I have to hold both phones just right to hear a caller clearly in a loud room.

I've tried turning off the audio affects to see if it changes the ear piece volume whether better or not. I did not notice a change in ear piece volume or quality. However, I did notice head phone and speaker quality and volume. I believe it only changes speaker and headphone jack like it states. Wonder if we could get an answer from Motorola on this.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Another thing you can try is turning off 'Voice Privacy' in the Call Settings. It's the last option on the bottom.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Another thing you can try is turning off 'Voice Privacy' in the Call Settings. It's the last option on the bottom.
Doesn't make a difference either.

With other phones I could use max volume to listen to hold music and such without even turning on speaker phone. Seems like this earpiece requires being pressed right to your ear.

Luckily I use a bt headset most of the day for work stuff.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine is still low despite the pair of changes above. With my Moto X, the volume was fine at the mid-range, which left room for improvement when I needed to increase the volume for whatever reason. I'm just curious if those of you not having this issue are at least finding that the volume needs to be all the way up for the volume to be acceptable.

And while we are on the subject of speakers, some of my audible alarms (text, email, etc) sound like 'sour' notes as compared to what I'm used to hearing from my Moto X. Not sure if that is an issue either.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I too find the earpiece volume quite low. Haven't found anything that improves it yet.

Agreed, still low for my liking. This is probably my only real complaint about this amazing phone and I'm sure Moto and Verizon will patch it if we all complain.

uberdev

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having issues with the volume in calls. Ideally, we should only have the volume at 70% most of the time. Instead I have to crank it up to 100% and even then I need to have the ear piece positioned just right. Very annoying.

msmith7305

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Earpiece volume is terrible.
My other gripes are screen brightness in direct sun is not very good and I wish it had LED notifications.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Another thread also mentioned that the in call speaker is not centered so you kinda have to put your ear to the right of the front camera to hear it directly.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
+1

My 13 & 14 X were so loud I hardly ever had them above 50% volume. This phone is always on max volume and I'm still almost pushing it inside my ear trying to hear people. I think speakerphone is too low as well. I wish they would fix this fast.

Posted via the Android Central App - Droid Turbo

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I didn't find the default volume levels to be a problem, but I like having the option to go louder if necessary. This definitely did the trick.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois