Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Gap between the chin and buttons

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Gap between the chin and buttons

I've had other Motorola phones with this and dust was never an issue. If it gets in there it can be blown right out.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Small, but real gap between the chin and buttons. Looks like a dust magnet.

Funny you say that, my 64 ballistic had the same thing. You could actually see a "gold" colored hardware piece through the crack. Swung by the Verizon store on the way home to see if it was normal. Needless to say they swapped it out for me. The new one has no gap at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Funny you say that, my 64 ballistic had the same thing. You could actually see a "gold" colored hardware piece through the crack. Swung by the Verizon store on the way home to see if it was normal. Needless to say they swapped it out for me. The new one has no gap at all.

Are you sure? I looked at several Droid Turbos and I could see the "gold" colored hardware piece on each one of them. Either way, it doesn't bother me but I feel its normal and I've seen it on Moto before

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure? I looked at several Droid Turbos and I could see the "gold" colored hardware piece on each one of them. Either way, it doesn't bother me but I feel its normal and I've seen it on Moto before

Positive. Honestly I could have lived with it I suppose, but the gap is non-existent on the device I'm now using

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Positive. Honestly I could have lived with it I suppose, but the gap is non-existent on the device I'm now using

That works, lol. I'm going to stick with mine as it is since it seems normal to me. Maybe having no gap is a flaw! ;)

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I think the gap could affect the water resistant nano coatings ability to protect the phone if internal parts are exposed. I would have exchanged mine too.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think the gap could affect the water resistant nano coatings ability to protect the phone if internal parts are exposed. I would have exchanged mine too.

Difficult to know for sure. The demo Ballistic Nylon and Metalized Glass units had the gap as did the phone I bought. I find it difficult to believe its a flaw based on that but who knows. I have zero creaks and a solid performing phone so I'm happy.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw it today on two of the three 32gb display phones at the Verizon store, the only one without the gap was the red one. Kinda disturbing, it doesn't look right...like the fit is just a bit off. One of those things you can't unsee; it would drive me nuts.

Posted via the HTC One

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I saw it today on two of the three 32gb display phones at the Verizon store, the only one without the gap was the red one. Kinda disturbing, it doesn't look right...like the fit is just a bit off. One of those things you can't unsee; it would drive me nuts.

Posted via the HTC One

I would have made a u turn. Somebody in the Chinese QA warehouse took an extra long dumpling break...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2