Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Anyone Bluetooth stream their music, how is the audio

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 3 that i am streaming music from Google play to my car stereo. I have to crank the volume up on both units to get sound. When i do the sound distorts. Is the Droid any better in this area? Was thinking it might be my Entune radio but the same problem happens with my Sony bluetooth headphones.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone Bluetooth stream their music, how is the audio

I didn't have issue with note 3 and I am not having issue with Droid turbo..... maybe your issue is your sound system?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I didn't have issue with note 3 and I am not having issue with Droid turbo..... maybe your issue is your sound system?
I thought that might be the case too but I tried my Sony headphones which r bluetooth and my car stereo and the same problem occurs.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 3 that i am streaming music from Google play to my car stereo. I have to crank the volume up on both units to get sound. When i do the sound distorts. Is the Droid any better in this area? Was thinking it might be my Entune radio but the same problem happens with my Sony bluetooth headphones.

Yes, it's fabulous. I have Moto Buds as well as a pioneer receiver in the car and it sounds great in both. I'm sure this phone supports APT-X technology, which those devices do as well. It helps it sound that much better.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Yes, it's fabulous. I have Moto Buds as well as a pioneer receiver in the car and it sounds great in both. I'm sure this phone supports APT-X technology, which those devices do as well. It helps it sound that much better.

You seem much happier with this device then you did the Moto X. Finally got my Moto X return issue fixed so now I can upgrade again.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I thought that might be the case too but I tried my Sony headphones which r bluetooth and my car stereo and the same problem occurs.
is there an app on your phone that may affect the sound? Is there something at your location that is interfering your bluetooth connection? Have you tried to use a regular 3.5 mm jack connection to see if the sound works?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

is there an app on your phone that may affect the sound? Is there something at your location that is interfering your bluetooth connection? Have you tried to use a regular 3.5 mm jack connection to see if the sound works?

Yeah. When I try and plug it into a jack and use it without wireless, the sound is much better. I have tried it at home and in the car and the same distortion occurs. The distortion in the car is so bad, that I gave up on streaming music in the car. It will even happen if I stream podcasts from another app.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah. When I try and plug it into a jack and use it without wireless, the sound is much better. I have tried it at home and in the car and the same distortion occurs. The distortion in the car is so bad, that I gave up on streaming music in the car. It will even happen if I stream podcasts from another app.
is there another phone with bluetooth you can try to pair up with your car to see if that works? we need to figure out if the issue is with the phone, the receiver, or if there is interference on the bluetooth connection at your loction.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site

I have no problems streaming my Note 3 with my 2012 Acura TL. For music on my phone I use the native Samsung Music app just because it works best with my TL's Bluetooth, and I have no problems with volume.

Sent from my Note 3 Using Tapatalk

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

is there another phone with bluetooth you can try to pair up with your car to see if that works? we need to figure out if the issue is with the phone, the receiver, or if there is interference on the bluetooth connection at your loction.

I could try. I did notice with my Alpine unit, when I switched from the IPhone 5 to the Note 3, the sound quality dropped and I had to crank up the volume almost all the way up to get sound. I wound up not using it because it was a pain the neck. Now I just remembered the reason why I had stopped with the Alpine unit.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

When you say you have to turn the volume up on both units, are you meaning the phone Bluetooth volume? Trying to cover all possibilities.

Talking through tapping

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

You seem much happier with this device then you did the Moto X. Finally got my Moto X return issue fixed so now I can upgrade again.

Yeah, the X itself wasn't that bad. Just the whole delayed shipping and no communication from Moto the whole time. Then they went and dropped the price 1 day after I finally got my X and wouldn't give me a refund for the difference. It just wasn't meant to be, and now that I have the Turbo I understand why :)

So glad you got yours returned. Which Turbo are you going for? I hope you like it as much as I do! Let me know after you get it.

motofanforever

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, the X itself wasn't that bad. Just the whole delayed shipping and no communication from Moto the whole time. Then they went and dropped the price 1 day after I finally got my X and wouldn't give me a refund for the difference. It just wasn't meant to be, and now that I have the Turbo I understand why :)

So glad you got yours returned. Which Turbo are you going for? I hope you like it as much as I do! Let me know after you get it.

The dropped price and all.....just in the US is it? Cuz, in my country there's no Turbo and the X is best device on offer(if u don't count the iPhone 6.....I don't)

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

The dropped price and all.....just in the US is it? Cuz, in my country there's no Turbo and the X is best device on offer(if u don't count the iPhone 6.....I don't)

Yup, Verizon Moto X only

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I thought I might the Droid Turbo with the smooth back but, I am starting to like the ballistic nylon. So, I will probably go with that one in the 64GB version. When I spoke with Verizon, they were unwinding the contract for the Moto X and told me that it would be taken care of in 24 hours. When I checked my account, I see they have not removed it as of yet. So, looks like I might need to wait until tomorrow.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, it took a little over 24hrs for mine to show up on the website after the reversal was requested.

FWIW I love the ballistic nylon even more after 2 days!

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Streaming is great to my S11 Flex HD headphones, but those do use apt-x.

Posted from my Droid Turbo via the AC App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I'm glad to hear APTX is working nicely for another Turbo owner.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I have narrowed it down to what I believe to be the music recording. Some of the extreme high vocals are crackling. I did wind up downloading an app called Equalizer which automatically reads the information from the song and makes adjustments to the equalizer which helped increase the volume. Now, if I have both up, its real loud.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Sadly enough and I am still struggling with this decision, I might got the route of the Galaxy Note and the main reason is the lack of accessories. Or, I might go the route of the Droid Turbo still. I get bored with the looks and usually go through cases, once every 3-4 months. The Droid Turbo just does not seem to have much.

I really do not want another Note series either. I do not like TW and I am using an Nova Launcher on it right now. Big Red also has not reversed the Moto X from my account either. Although,. I paid a visit to the local corporate store and got some real traction with the matter so, I think it might get fixed on Monday. There are so many notes to my account that it fills the 2 pages of their screens. It took my 4 times to try and order my wife's iphine which one of them was done manually. This last time by visiting the Corporate store was more successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2