Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo I gave Verizon a Droid Bionic, and 90 minutes of life...

Highland Droid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
IMG_20141031_224701.jpg

64GB Droid Turbo
SOL Republic V8 Headphones

I think I came out on top.

That 90 minutes was some of the most ridiculously aggravating waiting I've ever done. It's unbelievable to me that VZW corporate stores don't have an express line or self serve kiosk for the advanced customers. Stupid trade offs for instant slightly-delayed gratification. #firstworldproblems

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Today, I gave Verizon a Droid Bionic, and 90 minutes of life, and they gave me this...

Sick! Did you give blood to get those sweet headphones?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Highland Droid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Today, I gave Verizon a Droid Bionic, and 90 minutes of life, and they gave me this...

Nope.

64GB Droid Turbo on Edge
$0.00 Down
$27.xx First Monthly Payment (receiving $25/month credit to line access)
$2x.xx Sales Tax on Turbo

Received $100 Trade In for Droid Bionic (store credit or apply to account)
$99.99 Sol Republic Headphones
$7.xx Tax on Headphones

So, all in all, I walked out of the store with the phone and headphones for a grand total of not quite $60 charged to my account, $25 of which I'll get taken off my line access fee.

Us poor Verizon customers getting ripped off all the time by the best network and service in the world.

If only we could do something about the corporate store experience...

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

#CrushedIt

Ditto on the store complaint but that's the state of all customer service in our country for the foreseeable future.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

I will never go into a corporate store if I can help it. I do everything on-line or over the phone.

With VZW running a sale on their data packages, it's time for me to finally give up my unlimited plan. My family a and I hardly ever go over 10gb per month any way.

Turbo -- Here I come!

Posted via Android Central App

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

Great deal you got there! Nice job! How are you liking the phone and headphones?

Sent via Tapatalk on my Droid Turbo (Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet)...

anon(480526)

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Going to trade in my Bionic real soon. I am on a single plan and lost unlimited data, but they gave me 6gb for the same price, so I was sold. Love the phone, and the credit. $150 for a really nice upgrade.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Going to trade in my Bionic real soon. I am on a single plan and lost unlimited data, but they gave me 6gb for the same price, so I was sold. Love the phone, and the credit. $150 for a really nice upgrade.

Congrats! Let us know your thoughts after you get settled in.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

OMG you had to wait 90 minutes!! MY GOSH THE WORLD IS ENDING!! START PRAYING!!

Give me a break. Sounds like the other self entitled people in this country. Suck it up and just wait like everyone else. I hope you don't complain about waiting for 5 minutes to get your coffee at Starbucks.

On a brighter note. Congrats on your Turbo. It's a great phone. I love mine as well.

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Give me a break. Sounds like the other self entitled people in this country. Suck it up and just wait like everyone else. I hope you don't complain about waiting for 5 minutes to get your coffee at Starbucks.

On a brighter note. Congrats on your Turbo. It's a great phone. I love mine as well.

???? 90 minutes is an EXTREMELY long time time to wait for anything.
I actually can't remember the last time I waited this long for something, except at an airport.

still thinking...

yeah, got nothing. 90 minutes to get a new phone SUCKS. I've taken delivery of a brand new vehicle in less time.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Are you seriously telling us this? I'm an advanced user. I don't need to wait for a representative to help me decide on a phone or explain anything to me. I should never have to wait 90 minutes to buy a phone and Verizon does need an express option. I bought my Turbo quickly because I went in, picked it out and paid. I activated it at home because I don't need help. If you honestly think I should wait 90 minutes to spend $700 on something as small as a phone you're nuts. Ring me up and I'll be on my way. Those who need more help can use the normal service.

Sorry for the rant but the OP has a valid point. Its why I usually do order online but I was so anxious for the Turbo I went in the store.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

Are you seriously telling us this? I'm an advanced user. I don't need to wait for a representative to help me decide on a phone or explain anything to me. I should never have to wait 90 minutes to buy a phone and Verizon does need an express option. I bought my Turbo quickly because I went in, picked it out and paid. I activated it at home because I don't need help. If you honestly think I should wait 90 minutes to spend $700 you're nuts.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
It took me about 30-45 minutes to get my Turbo. Was at the store early but not early enough... About 3 people ahead of me. Then the sales person who was helping me went to get the phone, took about 10 min and brought out like 7 cases to show me, plus the phone. I didn't get a case though. Using an old holster for now. Other than that it was pretty smooth but have to agree with you guys, 90 min is pushing it...

Sent via Tapatalk on my Droid Turbo (Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet)...

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Love this ^^^^^

"Speed for Days" should have been their Ad campaign

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

Love this ^^^^^

"Speed for Days" should have been their Ad campaign

Yeah that would have been sweet! I like your signature too BTW. :)

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

90 minute wait = First world problem . I had to wait 1 hr , had 12 people in front of me to wait for . Yup first world problem .

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

90 minute wait = First world problem . I had to wait 1 hr , had 12 people in front of me to wait for . Yup first world problem .

Did you get the phone you wanted at the price you wanted?

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Did you get the phone you wanted at the price you wanted?

Yup I Returned a Black Kevlar 32gig and came home with the Balistic Nylon 64gig .

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

#CrushedIt

Ditto on the store complaint but that's the state of all customer service in our country for the foreseeable future.

Amen. I work for a large company that truly emphasizes customer service in every aspect of our operation, and we have over 30,000 employees. We are also the fastest growing company in our particular industry. Good customer service plays a significant role in that. That just infuriates me all the more when I walk into a business and get mediocre/poor/bad service -- especially when it's extreme like having to wait for the cashier to finish their conversation with a co-worker before they even acknowledge your existence (for instance). /rant (that's two rants today, time to get off my soap box)

Edit: this does not include my recent experience with Verizon where I received very good customer service.

al2fast

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Took over 45 minutes to get a damn sim card the other day. 3 other people in the store and 4 reps I could see. When we got our last maxx HD phones the corporate store would not price match amazon but best buy would. That's where we are going in Jan when our contract is up and it's time for new phones.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I must be lucky. Corporate store about 5 minutes from my house, have my guy Tony there but any of the reps there are great. No push on extras and I've never waited more than 5 minutes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund