Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Zooming and word wrap (text reflow) with Dolphin

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
My memory is crap, but i'm almost sure that Dolphin with Jetpack did a work wrap on my Maxx when I zoom in. On the Turbo it doesn't seem to wrap and usually often says "this page does not support zooming"

Anyone see a change in how Dolphin is acting

AzDayton

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've noticed it too. It really sucks. Now many of the little itty bitty graphics I can no longer zoom in on to actually see what they are. IMHO it's a definite BREAKING of something that used to work pretty well.

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, I've dumped Dolphin for Baidu & CM Browser. Both of these run the same T5 engine & are blazing fast. I really only need one of them but they are so closely matched I find it difficult to choose between them. Baidu has the ability to slide the toolbar to zoom and your selected choice will be remembered. They have built-in security, speed dial and are highly customizable.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I hate to feed another browser war...

I like Chrome on the desktop but Chrome for Android uses font-boosting (who in their right mind thought font-boosting was a good idea???). Opera has switched to the engine powering chrome, and I have to say it is my favorite. I used Dolphin for a long time, but their updates are getting spread out further and further, and it seems like bugs are appearing faster than they are being resolved. Opera seems a bit more useful to me now.

FYI using the Tablet mode in Opera on the Turbo is very similar to Dolphin's UI.