DROID TURBO: Cases

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: droid turbo cases?

Well, I've tried using the OtterBox Commuter case for this phone and went back to the shell and holster case instead. The OtterBox is too slippery on the back, making it a chord to hold. Waste of $, IMO.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Still early on but so far no complaints regarding the Otterbox Defender that I ordered with the 64GB. Fit fine and no sound problems. A friend who's been using them for years mentioned he's broken a few belt clips on the holster but he's out in the field a lot and is hard on phones. An example would be dropping the phone from the roof of a two-story building. The phone (iPhone) worked, and still does. How the case will work with a bigger, heavier phone remains. I two-hand and the case's traction, so far, has been good, even in the rain, which I experienced the second day of use.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

people talk about not wanting to cover up a beautiful phone. I can guarantee you, no one else notices your phone.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

people talk about not wanting to cover up a beautiful phone. I can guarantee you, no one else notices your phone.

I notice his phone...wait...did I just say that aloud?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Ha, yeah, it may be 'turbo', but it's not exactly a McClaren P1, eh? :D

However, phones can be fashion statements, hence the diversity of cases and opinion regarding going 'naked' or not.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Verizon website shows a Speck CandyShell -Grip coming out. Seidio's dilex or surface holster for the g3 should work well with this

Rockk001

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone used the glass screen protector Verizon offers? If so, thoughts? I had a SPIGEN glass protector for my galaxy s4 and loved it (and it saved my screen) but they obviously so not have one for the turbo yet.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

Has anyone used the glass screen protector Verizon offers? If so, thoughts? I had a SPIGEN glass protector for my galaxy s4 and loved it (and it saved my screen) but they obviously so not have one for the turbo yet.

I currently have one on my turbo. It's OK. Definitely better than the cheap plasticy ones but it doesn't feel quite as nice as the zagg or spigen.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Well I have the case clip combo from Verizon but I personally don't think it looks very nice. I was wondering peoples opinion of which case looks the best for the droid turbo.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I tried several cases at Verizon as mine had several. I needed up with the defender case at first I tried it on and liked it. Took it home and took it back off determined to return it. I ended up keeping it. I removed the built in screen protector and I am using it with the flexible glass one sold by Verizon. Works perfect and feels excellent.

I was not going to cover this device but I decided I wanted the protection since I use it at work. Works nicely.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I tried several cases at Verizon as mine had several. I needed up with the defender case at first I tried it on and liked it. Took it home and took it back off determined to return it. I ended up keeping it. I removed the built in screen protector and I am using it with the flexible glass one sold by Verizon. Works perfect and feels excellent.

I was not going to cover this device but I decided I wanted the protection since I use it at work. Works nicely.

Do u know if the otterbox interferes with wireless charging?

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea I don't want to use a case but I work outside and am really tough on my phone.

I'm with you, that's why Id love a life proof with a belt clip holster of some sort that can fit around a work belt / duty belt. Seidio used to make them but I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to support this phone.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

That Droid Razr Maxx HD was a "turd in the punch bowl" of the otherwise fine Droid family. My GF couldn't wait to get rid of hers. Both ours had wifi issues.

LOL...eeeeeaaaasy there dude. My RMHD is still going strong, had it for 2 years and never had any wifi issues and still get a solid 2 days on a charge. No issues in 2 years. In fact I'm holding off on the Turbo because of the widely reported wifi issues, along with no voice & data, low call volume and so forth. Probably will make the move to the Turbo if they can get some of these issues fixed. The jury is still out.

anon(480526)

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

I just went up to the store and got the Verizon brand $20 case. It is the same style I had for my Bionic and always reverted back to that case when using normal size battery. The commuters are to slick for my liking, sadly. This one has some grip on it. Fingerprints appear quickly (at least on the black case), but I have no worries about it slipping out of my hands.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you, that's why Id love a life proof with a belt clip holster of some sort that can fit around a work belt / duty belt. Seidio used to make them but I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to support this phone.

Just be careful. The life proof reduces audio. I would guess by 75%. Several people have complained they can't hear me on a call and music is very muffled. I'm gonna keep it for work but I need a clip.