DROID TURBO: Cases

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
The Diztronic for the BN will be released very soon. Based on the email they sent me last week,possibly next week.

Posted via the Android Central App

tinytim328

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been addressed but does the Case Mate Naked scratch easily on the backing? I just received the Pure Gear clear case and it seems to have many fine scratches on the back. It may not bother some people but it bothers me a little, haha.

catmajick

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Went naked since launch since I figured I'd be fine having never dropped an electronic device in my life. Well, it ended up falling out of my pocket while getting out of the car the other day and got a nice crack all the way across the screen. I'm getting an otterbox for my replacement when it arrives.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Went naked since launch since I figured I'd be fine having never dropped an electronic device in my life. Well, it ended up falling out of my pocket while getting out of the car the other day and got a nice crack all the way across the screen. I'm getting an otterbox for my replacement when it arrives.

Please don't take this personally, but there are way too many people on here that have said "I always went nekked on my phones but now......" I know cases and screen protectors are for us OCD phone types. Even though cases usually are not the prettiest, we know in our own mind that our phone is still new and shiny underneath.

Last edited:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Please don't take this personally, but there are way too many people on here that have said "I always went nekked on my phones but now......" I know cases and screen protectors are for us OCD phone types. Even though cases usually are not the prettiest, we know in our own mind that our phone is still new and shiny underneath.

I'm one of those people that's never used a case. In two years with my Maxx HD I fumbled it once but caught it before it hit the ground and one time I accidentally knocked it off the armrest of my chair onto a carpeted floor. My previous phone had no incidences. But in less than a month I've fumbled my Turbo twice, both times catching it before it fell, so I'm considering a case.

ahein88

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Received my Tudia case. I ordered a clear because I wanted to try something different. Thinner and more sturdier than a tech21. I am going to use this until Diztronic cases come out and see how much thinner it is. Thumbs up to Tudia

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Received my Tudia case. I ordered a clear because I wanted to try something different. Thinner and more sturdier than a tech21. I am going to use this until Diztronic cases come out and see how much thinner it is. Thumbs up to Tudia

How clear is clear since it says frosted clear in the description? The top and bottom edges look much clearer than the back. I don't get why the whole thing can't be actually "CLEAR"!

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been addressed but does the Case Mate Naked scratch easily on the backing? I just received the Pure Gear clear case and it seems to have many fine scratches on the back. It may not bother some people but it bothers me a little, haha.

Ditto with mine, but I can deal with it for now until it's bad enough to replace.

ahein88

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
The top and bottom are straight see through as expected. The rear is pretty cloudy. Cloudier than you would expect but you can still see the "Droid" logo decently and the Moto logo a little bit. I think it looks pretty cool. I was getting sick of black cases.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
No criticism intended, but I never understood why folks pocket carry. I carry mine in a clip holster or leather holster, so I don't have to worry about it falling out of my shirt or jacket pocket, or being squished in my pants pocket. I'm still nekkid using a belt holster for carry.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No criticism intended, but I never understood why folks pocket carry. I carry mine in a clip holster or leather holster, so I don't have to worry about it falling out of my shirt or jacket pocket, or being squished in my pants pocket. I'm still nekkid using a belt holster for carry.

I feel restricted by a belt holster. It doesn't feel great when I have a seat belt on or sitting down. I used to love them but with the size of phones now I can't do it.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

What do you use as a belt holster?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I feel restricted by a belt holster. It doesn't feel great when I have a seat belt on or sitting down. I used to love them but with the size of phones now I can't do it.
I can understand that. Some of it depends on what side you wear it on, your weight, and the car you drive. You job matters too -- what you have to do physically throughout the day.

Buyck

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: droid turbo cases?

Don't kid yourself, the Turbo is still just a phone and needs a case. I was waiting for a backordered black lifeproof case when my two week old Turbo fell out of my car, about a 4 foot fall, onto asphalt. While the screen was uncracked, it wouldn't turn on. Over $500 and one week later, I'm still waiting on my new Turbo to come in.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
#Buyck Ouch!! I guess you didn't hadn't have any insurance? My company paid for my Turbo...and I pay the bill...I added insurance since I didn't pay for device. Verizon deductible is only $100, not bad for $9 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buyck

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. Unfortunately. I'm also through Verizon, but I still hesitate spending an extra $200+ on every phone for insurance. If something happens to my new phone even with a case on it I will be taking it to a repair person to see if they can use pieces from my old Turbo. It may be a bad idea, but what are the chances... Next phone I will get insurance from day 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34