Droid Turbo: Ballistic Nylon Crunching Sound?

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo 64gb ballistic crunch?

I guess I dont get the point if that amount of noise bothers you I dont know what to say. I have BN 64GB and I cant hear any of that. Shrug

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, mine does that a little bit. I also have the 64 gb Nylon Turbo. As I stated in another post, I don't think it's a real issue of concern. It's just the way the material is made. The way that it sits on the back. It's almost as if the nylon is an overlay on top of something else. the nylon doesn't move or shift around. You can press it in like a half millimeter and then it comes right back out as soon as you release your thumb from it. You really can't bend it, crack it, warp it, or shifted in any way when you do that. It's just a little noise.

I have the shell and holster combo on mine and of course I don't hear anything when the case is on the back. If this is the biggest problem with the phone, I'll consider myself lucky.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

Mine makes this noise as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I have same phone as the video (64 BN) and mine is snug as a bug. No sound at all when I do this. Maybe it's a quality issue for some that came off factory floor?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
Same here. The demo unit of the metallized glass was doing that though.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Olittle

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

I started a thread the day I got mine regarding this issue. I took the first back, it did this pretty prominently and contrary to what has been said I do think it's an issue beyond "sound" or "noise". It felt to me as if an adhesive was giving which indicates some failure, that can't be good. Verizon exchanged the first phone and the new unit does not have this...yet. I hope I am wrong, there seem to be a lot of folks out there that are experiencing this.

Edit:

actually, I just watched the video showing the back being removed and I no longer think that there is any problem other than the noise. So....I wasted a lot of time and energy for me and Verizon exchanging that first phone! Oh well:)

Last edited:

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the update. Can you post a link to video?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I started a thread the day I got mine regarding this issue. I took the first back, it did this pretty prominently and contrary to what has been said I do think it's an issue beyond "sound" or "noise". It felt to me as if an adhesive was giving which indicates some failure, that can't be good. Verizon exchanged the first phone and the new unit does not have this...yet. I hope I am wrong, there seem to be a lot of folks out there that are experiencing this.

Edit:

actually, I just watched the video showing the back being removed and I no longer think that there is any problem other than the noise. So....I wasted a lot of time and energy for me and Verizon exchanging that first phone! Oh well:)
This makes sense, and I'm glad to hear it. I wasn't concerned enough about the issue to even bother testing mine to be honest. My phones are pretty babied so they don't experience much if anything in the way of physical stress or torque.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ballistic Nylon loose thread

Had the phone for one day and just noticed loose thread around the camera and the Motorola logo.

Has anyone else had this issue?

loose thread.jpg

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ballistic Nylon loose thread

I think I would switch it out for a different phone. Thanks for posting this. Sorry that's happening.

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ballistic Nylon loose thread

Mine is raised a little around the camera area. Usually when you are working with nylon, you have a sheet that you cut and then cauterize the edges (usually at the same time if it's a good process). This can cause a harder melted edge that's a little raised from the rest of the nylon.

This may just be that.