Anyone take Verizon up on increased data?

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I decided to pay this here and not in the Verizon specific because this area gets more action and you are all VZW customers.

When I bought my Turbo in store the rep upsold me to a 15 GB package for $110. I was on 10GB for $100($80 with corp discount).

He said it says it was a limited time thing. I looked it up and it ended Friday.

I know unlimited people are laughing at me. I gave up my unlimited data plan early on without a fight. Until recently the most I ever used was 11 GB, and that was right before I gave up unlimited.

Did anyone take advantage? I honestly think 15 GB is more than enough for me for some time. The kid isn't getting her own line for at least a year.

I actually now have 12 GB to use in 7 days. Hmmm.....

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon just changed their plans yesterday. 10 gig is now 80 bucks and 15 is now 100 bucks. You can see and change your plan right from the mobile app.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I was bought the 15gb special for 110 with my Turbos (2). . I switched yesterday morning for my next billing period to 15GB for 100.00. 10/month is nothing to sneeze at. But you definately need to switch plans - they won't do it automatically for you.

ericinaz

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the 10 gig for $100 and last night I increased it to 15 gig for same $100 a month. 50% more data for free

Posted via the Android Central App

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I went from 12 to 15 when they had the doubling promotion and have 30g for $130. Seems like that's normal pricing now. I may drop back to 15g for $100 since we've only once been over 10g. $30/month for a year or two adds up - especially since Verizon lets you up your plan, back date it, then switch back when you need to. Are these new plans time limited?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Note that these new promo data plans may remove any corporate discount you currently have for data part of bill.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Note that these new promo data plans may remove any corporate discount you currently have for data part of bill.

These are not are not new promo plans. Verizon changed plans to compete with at&t. The plans are here to stay. And yes I can confirm your corporate discount will still be in effect. I still have mine.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
These are not are not new promo plans. Verizon changed plans to compete with at&t. The plans are here to stay. And yes I can confirm your corporate discount will still be in effect. I still have mine.

Hmmm, so all the different forums and articles I've read must be wrong? Guess that's possible.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, so all the different forums and articles I've read must be wrong? Guess that's possible.

When at&t changed their plans to double the data Verizon followed suit. Its their effort to once again compete and get those on unlimited data to switch.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I still have unlimited and is getting hard for me to resist not changing. I have 2 lines on my plan and together we don't use more than 5GB a month. But I also have the talk and text plus $20 data discount on each, so I pay $7.80 for unlimited data on my phone and $9.99 for unlimited data on my wife's line.

Posted via Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
When at&t changed their plans to double the data Verizon followed suit. Its their effort to once again compete and get those on unlimited data to switch.

GTK. I wish they would lower the rates on the 2-4GB plans cuz I'm mostly on Wifi at home and work.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I edged up for this phone and turned in a gnex for credit. I left with a turbo, 4 extra gb for a total of 8, $100 credit to my account off my bill, all for $15 less a month than I was paying when I walked in. I'd say that was a good day at Verizon. $70 plan BTW.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I edged up for this phone and turned in a gnex for credit. I left with a turbo, 4 extra gb for a total of 8, $100 credit to my account off my bill, all for $15 less a month than I was paying when I walked in. I'd say that was a good day at Verizon. $70 plan BTW.

How do I get the 8GB for $70?

Right now I pay $70 for the 4GB tier on my more everything with my wife.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
How do I get the 8GB for $70?

Right now I pay $70 for the 4GB tier on my more everything with my wife.

Idk the csr from Verizon told me there's a deal going on and she upgraded me automatically. I didn't question it. It's already on my plan.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I was at 70 for 4gb and upped it to 10 for $80. With my discount it's about $8 more for more than double the data.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I was at 70 for 4gb and upped it to 10 for $80. With my discount it's about $8 more for more than double the data.

Yeah, I saw that too which seems to have nothing to do with my random a$$ deal. Oh well 8 gb for me should do it.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Yep, they are wrong. I was on 10GB plan for $100 and when I clicked on change plan, it came up with a message that said my current plan is no longer available and I had to choose a new one.

Posted via Android Central App