Battery Saver Mode?

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know how to initiate battery saver mode? See snapshot from moto care. Implies that there's some sort of setting, which I can't find access to.

Anybody know?

Attachments

• 1414961607830.jpg
    1414961607830.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 64

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'd definitely be interested in this as well. The battery life on this thing is amazing I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like with a battery saver mode.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody know how to initiate battery saver mode? See snapshot from moto care. Implies that there's some sort of setting, which I can't find access to.

Anybody know?

These are just individual tips, no battery saver mode I'm aware of. This might change when we get the Lollipop upgrade due to Googles project Volta and enhanced battery life features.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
You can set the location to battery saving, but that's the only one im aware of.

While i use my phone way too much to get 48hrs of life, except maybe on my days off, i know it will get me through a very long day (18 -20hrs) and i dont mind charging it every day when i sleep.

Its still an awesome phone and last night i had it off the charger for 19 hrs with 5.57hrs of on screen time, and had right at an hour of phone calls. Not to mentioned i was on playing some videos and listening to music. when i plugged it in this morning battery was at 42 percent... So i can't complain

Posted via the Android Central App

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
You can set the location to battery saving, but that's the only one im aware of.

While i use my phone way too much to get 48hrs of life, except maybe on my days off, i know it will get me through a very long day (18 -20hrs) and i dont mind charging it every day when i sleep.

Its still an awesome phone and last night i had it off the charger for 19 hrs with 5.57hrs of on screen time, and had right at an hour of phone calls. Not to mentioned i was on playing some videos and listening to music. when i plugged it in this morning battery was at 42 percent... So i can't complain

Posted via the Android Central App
Russell
How long does it take to charge from about 20 percent to full?

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
These are just individual tips, no battery saver mode I'm aware of. This might change when we get the Lollipop upgrade due to Googles project Volta and enhanced battery life features.

go into settings -> display-> attentive display-> battery saver check

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
go into settings -> display-> attentive display-> battery saver check

Yuppers, that's just for the attentive display function. The phone itself doesn't have battery saver mode like the Galaxy S5...Probably bc the Turbo doesn't need it LOL

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
yeah that is true, what i do miss is smart actions that moto had on razr maxx hd. simple and effective

Me2. This phone would be ideal with those. Been using Automateit app and it's OK, doesn't allow me to put airplane mode on at bedtime tho. I like to sleep radioactive free!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yuppers, that's just for the attentive display function. The phone itself doesn't have battery saver mode like the Galaxy S5...Probably bc the Turbo doesn't need it LOL

Battery save mode isn't really a need thing -- It helps anyone when they need to crunch battery. Also the S5/Note can replace and remove so that helps :).

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Battery save mode isn't really a need thing -- It helps anyone when they need to crunch battery. Also the S5/Note can replace and remove so that helps :).

Don't need to replace, remove, or save with this giant battery. Turbo FTW

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't need to replace, remove, or save with this giant battery. Turbo FTW

It isn't like super bigger than my Note 4.. and once we are both low I can swap to 100% in about 20 seconds .. no charge time needed :).

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
It isn't like super bigger than my Note 4.. and once we are both low I can swap to 100% in about 20 seconds .. no charge time needed :).

If it's so great then why are you all over the Turbo forum? Methinks you wants to be a Turbo owner... Precious

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If it's so great then why are you all over the Turbo forum? Methinks you wants to be a Turbo owner... Precious

Na.. It would be hard to get a turbo on T-Mobile :p.

I go all over the forums.. I am not locked to one area ;).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It would be hard to get reception on Tmobile. TTFN

Actually it isn't for my area.. I get LTE all over town. Carriers are highly dependent on area so.. That may be true for your area :).

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I guess we should have posted this earlier in the thread. Better late than never!

"Only applies to optimized Motorola devices with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology such as the new Moto X. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average mixed use profile that includes both usage and standby time. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns."

From Motorola website in description for Turbo Charger.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The Droid Maxx had a battery saving option in the battery section of the settings. It allowed you to set at what battery level it would shut off background data and other stuff. It was pretty nice. I noticed it when I didn't see the battery to to red until around 15%. I had mine set to go into battery saving mode at 25%. While it probably doesn't need it, it would've been a nice addition on the Turbo.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess we should have posted this earlier in the thread. Better late than never!

"Only applies to optimized Motorola devices with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology such as the new Moto X. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average mixed use profile that includes both usage and standby time. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns."

From Motorola website in description for Turbo Charger.

Yep. That's what quick charge does on the Note as well.. Bursts at low battery but slows down after about half.. Useful feature for us all to have :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy