I don't think the screen looks very good BUT I still have the original plastic on it.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the screen looks very good BUT I still have the original plastic on it. Does it look that much better without it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Edit I meant I couldn't tell a different between this an 1080 screen.

Last edited:

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: screen quality

I don't think the screen looks very good BUT I still have the original plastic on it. Does it look that much better without it?

Are you my ex-wife? Stop following me everywhere!

But really, take the screen off. My ex would have left the screen on the TV if I'd have let her.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Seriously?

I'm serious... I'm afraid to scratch the screen BUT I don't want to show this phone off to others without showing it's full potential. So this plastic affects it that much? Also does anyone know where I can find a4k video demo to put on this phone? Lg and Samsung has demos on theirs. I'd like something to really wow everyone

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site

you must be a big facebook fan because who would really care what others think of your phone then someone who post's selfies on FB...who cares its a phone...

I'm serious... I'm afraid to scratch the screen BUT I don't want to show this phone off to others without showing it's full potential. So this plastic affects it that much? Also does anyone know where I can find a4k video demo to put on this phone? Lg and Samsung has demos on theirs. I'd like something to really wow everyone

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

you must be a big facebook fan because who would really care what others think of your phone then someone who post's selfies on FB...who cares its a phone...

No not Facebook fan but when people ask about the phones I use I like to be able to show everything off. I switch up a lot. So it's not to make me look good. I want the phone to get credit if it deserves it

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Not sure what to tell you man. If you're afraid to scratch the screen maybe don't show it off. Get a clear screen protector etc. I'm pretty sure YouTube has 4K video so you can probably use any of those.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

When I said the screen doesn't look good, I meant I couldn't really tell a difference between this screen and a 1080 screen. I just reread what I wrote lol

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm coming from the Droid DNA, which I thought had an awesome screen. At first, I couldn't tell much of a difference, but after spending some time with it, it has become very clear that the Turbo's screen is, well, much clearer. I didn't love the saturation of the red, but it's growing on me after living with for a day or two.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Are you my ex-wife? Stop following me everywhere!

But really, take the screen off. My ex would have left the screen on the TV if I'd have let her.

Are you my wife? She keeps pulling the plastic off of everything

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Wow, just wow.. Yes the screen looks fantastic once you take the screen cover off. That cover is not meant to be used w the phone, only keep it new until purchased.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

OP, did (does) your other device have the plastic on the screen?

Just take the plastic off - I mean Verizon has a warranty on the screen, right????

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

The stock plastic removable protector probably isn't much different than the OEM plastic sheet in my Otterbox case and watching the graphics while the Antutu video test was running was pretty impressive, even though the best score managed so far is 385. Watching the pixels turn off and on through my jeweler's loupe was pretty cool. I would expect 'naked' visibility, or that through a quality glass screen protector, to be better.

One thing I noted about the Turbo versus other phones I saw reviewed was that it was pretty easy to leave the stock plastic shipping protector on since it didn't have any protruding tabs to grab onto. It looked more like a screen protector one would add.

I had to laugh since I remember my mom covering the sofa when I was a kids to 'keep it for good'. What exactly the good was she was waiting for I have no idea. :D

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

It looks a ton better without it. If you can't get one fit for the screen until a couple days from now, I would feel that one off and cut another screen protector to fit it if you have one available. Personally, I used one off of a laptop screen that I had lying around. It looks terrible at the edges (wont seal down) but the viewable portion under the screen protector looks fantastic.

Posted from my Droid Turbo via the AC App

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Come on all, we're getting played... I hope. Different strokes and all but not sure this makes sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown