Converts from Note 3 or 4 ur input please

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I am struggling between the Note 4 and the Droid Turbo. I am really getting into the customization of Android so I am starting to run into obstacles with my Note and overall wanting to try something different.

At any rate how is the battery on the Turbo compared to the Note? I am probably considered a hard user.

Do you miss the size of the Note?

Anything else I should know if I go the Droid Turbo route?

Thanks in advance.

intheor911

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
There's a lot to like about the turbo, but coming from the Note 3, I am struggling with the smaller screen size. It does make a difference reading text and viewing webpages. I find myself pinching to zoom much more. I am a fan of big screens though, so I may return it and get the Nexus 6. Not 100% sure yet though. I do love the battery life and camera.

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I am a convert from a note 4. I did not like the size of the note 4 (always felt like I was going to drop it) and it felt fragile, despite the metal frame. I knew with one drop that screen would crack or the frame would get all dinged up and I would be upset. With the turbo, I don't wave to fear water or drops. All I have is a screen protector. I don't feel like I have to baby this phone. I also like its speed over the note 4. And stock android. Its a great phone personally.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I am deciding between the two at the present moment, and I have both. I like the turbo for its size and its speed. I like the Note for its camera and its expandable storage. One thing that is keeping me on the turbo is the lack of touchwiz.

snowpromod

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Came from a Note 3 looking for a better battery and reception, I am considering going back to the Note 4 for the camera if the reception is there.....

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I came from the note3. I never had an issue w the note3 but just decided i wanted the new turbo.

The battery on the turbo is bigger, but the phone uses it more so the improvement is there but not monumental..
I like the camera on the turbo so far, its a huge step from the droid maxx i had last year. Cant really say if its better than the note3 yet because i havent compared pictures with it. I will say i like this camera better for being simple.

The phone volume is a lot louder on the turbo than the note3, and i listen to a lot of music on mine.

Im happy i traded, but then i just wasn't using the note3 extras much anymore so i prob wont miss them, but they are great if u use them.

I do like that i only lost half an inch of screen, the turbo screen still feels big but the overall phone feels so much smaller, and feels much more heavy duty.

Ive never cared about having the thinnest phone, i think its ridiculous actually but thats just me, i would rather have a bigger battery..

I love that Motorola puts the nano water coating on all their phones, since i am out in the rain sometimes at work, i dont have to worry about rain hitting my phone.

Both phones are great, purists will rave about being close to stock android, while some prefer having a touchwiz like skin, that part is up to you. You really can't go wrong with either the note series or the droid turbo. They both kind of an elite club lol

Posted via the Android Central App