that contact doesn't exist

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been on Windows for a while now. I forgot how to sync my fb contacts. I'm also having a problem seeing up a personal contact. When I swipe down nothing shows up where my id should be. I really haven't messed with android in a few years. Any help would be appreciated. ThanksScreenshot_2014-11-03-10-24-55.jpg

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I've been on Windows for a while now. I forgot how to sync my fb contacts. I'm also having a problem seeing up a personal contact. When I swipe down nothing shows up where my id should be. I really haven't messed with android in a few years. Any help would be appreciated. ThanksView attachment 145535

I found it in Phone app under all contacts. Should give an option at the top for Edit my info.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's the "Me" contact in Contacts at the top. And, if you also use Google+, it might be helpful to go into Google+, settings, tap your account name, contacts, "keep contacts up to date", as that will populate the "Me" contact with your info from Google+, if I remember correctly.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I found it in Phone app under all contacts. Should give an option at the top for Edit my info.

Thanks I found it. Is there all option to attach fb? It all seemed local only.

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I believe FB contacts can be synced from within the FB app settings. Usually when you install FB that is the first question it asks - do you want to sync FB contacts.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I believe FB contacts can be synced from within the FB app settings. Usually when you install FB that is the first question it asks - do you want to sync FB contacts.

I think that's just to sync TO Facebook. It doesn't go the other way.

I use an app on my Mac called Cobook that syncs contacts with both Google and Facebook, and that obviously makes it onto my phone. But I know there are android apps that can do the same. Ubersync and Sync.me. I believe that most people like Ubersync more.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I use an app on my Mac called Cobook that syncs contacts with both Google and Facebook, and that obviously makes it onto my phone. But I know there are android apps that can do the same. Ubersync and Sync.me. I believe that most people like Ubersync more.

Is this a Google thing to promote g+over fb?

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Yuppers, think you're right.

CarolinaDroid

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
At one point my FB contacts that were also in my Droid's contacts would have their FB pic synced with my Droid's contact list if they were in my contacts already. After some previous Android update or FB update the pics no longer sync. I old FB pics in contacts now and when people see them they usually are like...."really..I haven't had that FB pic in years!" Haven't found a way to get them to update unless i delete and add another pic.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah my Droid Razr M used to do that with the pics. I think that might have gone away with 4.4.4 KitKat?

Zeppelin2k

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Is there are way to sync pics to Google contacts without the fb app? I'd prefer not to use the fb app due to privacy/battery reasons, among others. But I believe ubersync requires the app?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there are way to sync pics to Google contacts without the fb app? I'd prefer not to use the fb app due to privacy/battery reasons, among others. But I believe ubersync requires the app?

I don't know for sure, because I don't use Ubersync, but I have the Facebook app locked down pretty hard. Open the app, tap the last icon on the white icon bar (the "hamburger" icon), scroll down to app settings. I have refresh interval never, messenger location set to off, don't sync my photos, notifications inactive. The app is always very low in battery usage. I suppose you can also go into (from home) settings / data usage, find Facebook in that list and tap it, scroll down and turn off "restrict mobile data" ti really lock it down - it will only be able to get data on WiFi that way.

A year or two ago updates to the Facebook app would "mysteriously" turn some of these things back on, but the app has been great about that for a long time now.