Can you remove the Google search bar from the top of every screen?

choppbobby

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes there is a way...Go to the google app in the google folder or in the app tray...Click on the google app and go to its settings. there is a slider that allows you to turn off google search bar.......If I want to do a search I can just swipe up on my home screen....

Well I also see there is a easier way as someone already mentioned....thanks
I can not find Google search bar anywhere in my MotoE phone.
Bob

Lesalezza

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Is there not a way to remove the horizontal Google search bar from all, or even some of my screens? All the other widgets and items on our main screens can be long pressed and removed, but this one just opens no matter how I press it.

It is odd because there is an option to add it as it is showing with the other widgets in the widget menu, but no way to remove it. I just find it an annoyance that you can't move it or delete it. I had the same search bar on my S3 and could delete it.

There is lots and lots of ways people have came up with ideas to tweak it I'm here, but THEY DO PROVIDE AN OPTION to TURN IT OFF. ������
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long press your screen to bring up the options of wallpaper, widgets, etc.

Select the settings icon at the bottom.

It has a choice of turning off the Google search on the home screen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drove me nuts too!

Last edited by a moderator:

r95945

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
I think that there are many like me that don't want to turn off Google Now or stop using Google Search. We just want to turn off the damn Google Search Bar at the top of every page. It ruins the aesthetic.

r95945

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't work on the Motorola Moto Pure as of 12/2/16. Google removed any switch to disable it, turn it off, nor can you go to Widgets, etc. and remove it that way. There is no easy way.

However, I'll try adding Nova and report back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member