switching from iphone 5 to droid turbo?

Kyle S

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I will be switching to android VERY soon, I was wondering about the advantages upgrading from iPhone to the droid turbo? Note: I love my music and iPhone does a pretty good job at this, will their be any sacrifices/advantages when switching to this phone for this particular area?

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
No music is about the same. You will see advantages on how you customize your phone and what you can do with it. I've used Android since the Original Droid. My new job gave me an iPhone 6. When I got the iPhone I tried setting it up with some basic but useful features, like putting a clock with weather info on my home screen and de-cluttering the home screen. The iPhone does not allow you to either.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I will be switching to android VERY soon, I was wondering about the advantages upgrading from iPhone to the droid turbo? Note: I love my music and iPhone does a pretty good job at this, will their be any sacrifices/advantages when switching to this phone for this particular area?

Probably. Android can be weird about playing music in multiple apps. I just saw a great post about this tonight: ignore the code: Android's Audio Annoyances

Now, some of this is specific to the Note 3, and I can say that my bluetooth earbuds, Jaybird Bluebuds X, always work great with the Android, both playing audio and then taking or making phone calls. However, Android is a bit more schizo about audio than iOS is. I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make it work, though; I sure have.

Other advantages to Android?

- I use an app called SMS Backup+ to back up my text messages (both received and sent) to a label in Gmail for reference, but it also backs up call logs the same way, and it creates calendar entries for me calls in a calendar of my choice. You definitely can't do this on iPhone.

- Active display showing missed notifications without powering on the phone is fantastic

- The Assist app, with its meeting and driving function, is great. Absolutely no sound will happen during meetings in your calendar, if you wish, optionally unless a favorite contacts calls, and the phone senses when you are driving and will voice prompt you (and respond to your spoken commands) to read text messages, take phone calls, etc.

- Touchless control allows you to speak commands, even with the display off and the phone not charging.

- Homescreen widgets to show useful information on the launcher

You may miss the iPhone camera too, though. The Turbo isn't terrible, but it's not an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc