Home button not working

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The home button and the button to display all the open apps stopped working. The return or back button still works. Did I accidentally change some settings? Is there something I can check? Or does it look like a hardware problem to go back to Verizon?

I just installed the soft home app so I still have a substitute he key.

davidblake

Banned
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
The home button and the button to display all the open apps stopped working. The return or back button still works. Did I accidentally change some settings? Is there something I can check? Or does it look like a hardware problem to go back to Verizon?

I just installed the soft home app so I still have a substitute he key.

Well, that does looks like some type of issue with the ROM or sometimes it may be because of the launcher, are you using any third party launchers ?? I would say try downloading and installing some other third party launchers and try using the home button and see if it starts working back again ??

Ggoblue

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Along the same lines, my return button arbitrarily goes dead. I have to hit the volume and then go back to it.

Man I would hate to start over setting up another phone. In fact, i'd probably just eat it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Along the same lines, my return button arbitrarily goes dead. I have to hit the volume and then go back to it.

Man I would hate to start over setting up another phone. In fact, i'd probably just eat it.

I figured this out. It won't register the capacitive buttons if you're accidentally touching the screen at another location like where your other hand is holding it.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Ggoblue

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I figured this out. It won't register the capacitive buttons if you're accidentally touching the screen at another location like where your other hand is holding it.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Dude, thanks. I'd have gotten it evennnnnnntually.