Druid turbo vs nexus 6

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure I am changing to Verizon since they offering 10gb for $80 and thinking about waiting for the nexus 6 or getting the turbo. Which ones better? I don't care that much for instant updates

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
If it wasn't so big (I've had both the note 2 and note 3 and got rid of them) I'd go for the nexus because it's a nexus.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Turbo FTW. Size matters and the Moto Apps are amazing on the Turbo. Kinda surprised Nexus didn't have those.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The nexus is just a bit too big for me. The note3 was pushing it but i loved it.

Turbo is about the right size for me, for now anyway lol

Im actually surprised the nexus made the jump to such a bigger frame, i know several people that are die hard nexus fans, and they dont want one due to it being so big.

Posted via the Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The nexus is just a bit too big for me. The note3 was pushing it but i loved it.

Turbo is about the right size for me, for now anyway lol

Im actually surprised the nexus made the jump to such a bigger frame, i know several people that are die hard nexus fans, and they dont want one due to it being so big.

Posted via the Android Central App
From all first impressions it's the same physical size as a note 4 since it doesn't have the physical buttons and note 4 is about the same as the note 3. Nexus 6 appeals to me since it's big and a nexus but turbo appeals to me with the design

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if users will see a big difference in battery performance with each as both have superior batteries, though the Turbo seems to be a little stronger.

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if users will see a big difference in battery performance with each as both have superior batteries, though the Turbo seems to be a little stronger.

I think the turbo since it has the bigger battery plus smaller screen so it should in theory

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Yeah. Though the N6 has a 6" QHD screen which will chew through battery like a radioactive caffeinated squirrel.

Olittle

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Real tough question. I grabbed the Turbo and there is a part of me that wishes I had waited. Both are sweet devices, no doubt. I have a real issue with the grip on the turbo (ballistic nylon) and my guess is even though it's larger, the back of the N6 is going to have much more grip to it so it may be easier to operate than the slick turbo. Big deal in my opinion. I've also not gotten consistent performance from the camera. Low light indoor shots with auto flash are way over exposed and some outdoor shots I took yesterday were under exposed shooting a black subject with the sun behind it. Some shots are awesome, it's just not consistent with auto settings. OIS on the N6 is going to be a huge addition as well, admittedly I do not have the steadiest of hands though.

Thats my honest take on it, hope it helps. It's kind of one of those choices that's hard to screw up, I do think both are top shelf phones.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I was set on getting the Nexus to replace my Note 4. Once I heard the size I was out. To large to use on the go. I do a ton of driving so having such a large phone and trying to use it on the go is difficult. I find the turbo to be a good size for me. Even in an otterbox I can use the phone one handed.

Add that to the Active display and Moto assist and it is an excellent device for me. Best of luck in your decision

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I may swap to the Nexus 6 when it's out on Verizon. I like stock Android and the Turbo is close, but... I would prefer on-screen buttons vs. capacitive buttons... Not because they're more responsive or anything like that.. I just like the look of just a bare screen on the front of my device. (Barring the speaker grill and camera, of course.)

Plus, the Nexus 6 will always be at the latest and greatest Android :) Though I think the DROID Turbo will get Lollipop soon enough, if Lollipop isn't out for the DROID Turbo by the beginning of next year, I'll definitely swap to the Nexus 6 in January...

I'm also one of those people who likes a bigger screen too. Stereo front facing speakers are also icing on the cake.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Though the N6 has a 6" QHD screen which will chew through battery like a radioactive caffeinated squirrel.

I think thats up for debate.
Turbo:Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors 1440 x 2560 pixels, 5.2 inches (~565 ppi pixel density) Li-Po 3900 mAh battery
Nexus 6:AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors 1440 x 2560 pixels, 5.96 inches (~493 ppi pixel density) Li-Po 3220 mAh battery

Pixel density could make a difference. And since there is supposed to be some battery saving features in Lollipop which comes with the 6. I know Turbo is supposed to get it but until its here theres no way to really compare the phones. I really like my turbo but will consider switching when the 6 is released. I want to see how the 6 compares in the hand. Just keeping options open.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Please explain a little bit more. Im not following. Thank you in advance.

I think I'm wrong about the back light, that's LCD only.

" There are two main families of OLED: those based on small molecules and those employing*polymers. Adding mobile*ions*to an OLED creates a*light-emitting electrochemical cell*(LEC) which has a slightly different mode of operation. OLED displays can use either*passive-matrix(PMOLED) or*active-matrix*addressing schemes. Active-matrix OLEDs (AMOLED) require a*thin-film transistor*backplane to switch each individual pixel on or off, but allow for higher resolution and larger display sizes.

An OLED display works without a*backlight; thus, it can display deep*black levels*and can be thinner and lighter than a*liquid crystal display*(LCD). In low ambient light conditions (such as a dark room), an OLED screen can achieve a higher*contrast ratio*than an LCD, regardless of whether the LCD uses*cold cathode fluorescent lamps*or an*LED backlight."

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm wrong about the back light, that's LCD only.

" There are two main families of OLED: those based on small molecules and those employing*polymers. Adding mobile*ions*to an OLED creates a*light-emitting electrochemical cell*(LEC) which has a slightly different mode of operation. OLED displays can use either*passive-matrix(PMOLED) or*active-matrix*addressing schemes. Active-matrix OLEDs (AMOLED) require a*thin-film transistor*backplane to switch each individual pixel on or off, but allow for higher resolution and larger display sizes.

An OLED display works without a*backlight; thus, it can display deep*black levels*and can be thinner and lighter than a*liquid crystal display*(LCD). In low ambient light conditions (such as a dark room), an OLED screen can achieve a higher*contrast ratio*than an LCD, regardless of whether the LCD uses*cold cathode fluorescent lamps*or an*LED backlight."

Thanks man.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I am pretty sure I am changing to Verizon since they offering 10gb for $80 and thinking about waiting for the nexus 6 or getting the turbo. Which ones better? I don't care that much for instant updates

For me it came down to size. Do yourself a favor and look up the measurements of the nexus 6 and physically draw the size out on a piece of paper and imagine you holding it up to your ear for a phone call. If you don't think its too big, I would go for the Nexus, otherwise go for the Turbo.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
For me it came down to size. Do yourself a favor and look up the measurements of the nexus 6 and physically draw the size out on a piece of paper and imagine you holding it up to your ear for a phone call. If you don't think its too big, I would go for the Nexus, otherwise go for the Turbo.

My current phone is the note 4 and the dimensions are almost the same. It's more of do I want to wait forever ? Already going to be without a phone for a while since I have to return my note 4 to t-mobile and the signal booster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I think thats up for debate.
Turbo:Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors 1440 x 2560 pixels, 5.2 inches (~565 ppi pixel density) Li-Po 3900 mAh battery
Nexus 6:AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors 1440 x 2560 pixels, 5.96 inches (~493 ppi pixel density) Li-Po 3220 mAh battery
Actually, the Turbo has a plain AMOLED screen, not a "Super" AMOLED screen. Samsung is the only manufacturer who pumps out Super AMOLED screens, so the Nexus 6 and Turbo should have very similar screens.

Just FYI, in case you don't know the difference:

Super AMOLED is Samsung's term for an AMOLED display with an integrated digitizer, meaning that the layer that detects touch is integrated into the screen, rather than overlaid on top of it. According to Samsung, Super AMOLED reflects one-fifth as much sunlight compared to the first generation AMOLED.[21][22] The display technology itself is not changed. Super AMOLED is part of the Pentile matrix family. It is sometimes abbreviated SAMOLED.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED#Super_AMOLED